05-16-2013, 07:39 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hello Gents and Ladies!

I would like to say ‘Thank you’ to all my Veteran Brothers and Sisters!

In honor of Memorial Day I am having a Semper Fi Fund Mystery Box Sale! I won’t show you any pictures of inside the box, but suffice it to say that the lucky buyer will not be disappointed with what they get. Top Shelf Brands such as WSP, DR HARRIS, TOBS, SHAVEMAC, SEMOGUE, GFT and PENHALIGON’S come to mind! There are Soaps, Creams, Brushes, Razors, and FINE Blades, too! All are top shelf items! I’ll give you a little hint of what to expect…TALLOW & Tungsten…haha!

The buyer will have more fun than a barrel of monkeys with all this stuff!! Buy with confidence! You WILL NOT be disappointed.

I am donating $50 from this sale to the Semper Fi Fund. See https://semperfifund.org/ for more info. See below for an excerpt from their about page:

“The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization set up to provide immediate financial support for injured and critically ill members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. We direct urgently needed resources to post 9-11 service members within 24-72 hours of request.”

Price for this box is $450 shipped CONUS – A little more for my friends in Canada.

Remember to thank a Veteran this Memorial Day. Take your kids to your local National Cemetery and teach them that Freedom is not free.

Please post all questions in this thread for all to see.

Thanks for looking and Congratulations to the Buyer! Payment shall be by PayPal.

I will post a screenshot of my donation confirmation (minus any personal info, of course) when I make the donation.

Semper Fi

The total contribution for this event to Semper Fi Fund is going to be $125 given anonymously in Honor of my Uncle, Marlowe Quackenbush, who served in the US Army as a Combat Engineer on Papua-New Guinea in WWII. He was wounded in action three times and contracted Malaria which eventually took his life in 1985. He was an extraordinarily gentle man. We all miss you Uncle Marlowe! God be with you til we meet again.

Semper Fi, and remember to thank a Vet this Memorial Day.

Matt

68 1,416
 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
User Info
Seems like a great cause, but for $450 I'd expect more information on what is in this mystery box to get a bite. Is everything new? Are any of the listed items samples? How much is actually invested in what is in this mystery box? It's a lot of money for a big mystery.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

129 6,685
 05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Yes...good point. All of the software is 85% or better. There are no sample sized items. They are all full sized items. I am the second owner of one of the brushes. I am original owner of the other 3 brushes in the box. There is a vintage tallow soap that RECENTLY sold on the bst for over $100 as new. The one in my.box is 85%. There is a D01 in the box.

68 1,416
 05-17-2013, 04:16 AM
User Info
I have just corresponded with Matt and with his permission have sweetened the pot for this good cause. The mystery box now has something that is not a mystery. Whoever buys it gets one of these shipped to his door and I am glad to do it:

[Image: o9wCBDIl.jpg]

6 323
 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
More Info:

Some items I bought on the net, and others I got here on the BST.

There are:
5-topshelf shave soaps (1) in wood bowl, (1) in tin, 3-pucks 85% or better including (1) Vintage tallow puck
3-artisan soaps, 2-shave, 1-bath
4-topshelf creams (3) in tubs, (1) in tube
2-razors, (1) cased
4-brushes, 1-D01 3-band, 1-restore with a big brand knot, 1 in 2-band super, 1 in classic boar
22-blades, 2-Vintage VERY sought after blades, and 4-5-packs of wel-liked blades
1-Vintage pair of Cufflinks (not shave related but still very cool)

I honestly cannot remember what I paid for all of this but the value is well over what I’m asking. The same Vintage Tallow Soap recently sold on a shave forum B/S/T for $125 alone…the D01 brush was $100, the restored brush’s knot alone cost $85 plus shipping from GERMANY, some of the soaps cost $20 each with shipping, the Soap in wood bowl cost $30 plus shipping. The cufflinks cost $65 at a well-known Antiques Store in Redlands California.

Those values only account for (6) items and already the value comes to over $400, and there are an additional (17) items including the blade packs in this box.

This box is worth it.

68 1,416
 05-18-2013, 11:03 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Many people have expressed interest in multiple mystery boxes so I have decided to break it into four separate batches. Each one is unique and worth much more than my asking price. Please note though that Captain Capsize offer for a bottle of Captain's Choice Lime AS is no longer available with the multi boxes. Here are some hints:

Mystery Box 1 will have a vintage GFT Tallow Soap puck in it.
Mystery Box 2 will have Penhaligon's in it.
Mystery Box 3 will have a D01 in it.
Mystery Box 4 will have a Vintage Swank item in it plus a.bunch of shave stuff in it.

Each box will cost $130 shipped CONUS and I will choose which box goes where.

PM with any questions. All.payments by PayPal.

Semper fi

Matt

68 1,416
 05-19-2013, 08:19 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
This Box is SOLD! Congrats to RLD and a special thanks to Captain Capsize for his generous offer to add a bottle of Captain's Choice Lime Aftershave to the lot!

Please remember to thank a Veteran for your freedom! Freedom is not free and has been paid for by the blood and sacrifices of the men and women serving in your country's armed forces.

Semper Fi,

Matt

68 1,416