05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
OK, how do ya post photos now?

2 334
 05-17-2013, 08:59 AM
User Info
Imgur is now available on the toolbar when you write a post and/or reply. Or upload somewhere else and insert via the url - I like dropbox myself.

3 3,580
 05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
User Info
In full edit mode (like when you hit reply or when you create a new message) you will see a toolbar at the top.

[Image: cSibuNY.jpg]

The black box with a white 'i' in it [Image: RseWwaW.jpg] is a link to Imgur which is a photo hosting site. Click it and upload the picture, and the plug in will automagically insert the picture into your post. You can also link to external hosted pictures using the image button which is the one which looks like a mountain with a sunrise [Image: vo7VflD.jpg] (directly to the left of the imgur button).

One note, our forum software is designed for pictures 800 pixels wide (reviews are set for a mere 470). Resizing pictures in a picture editor before uploading to imgur will save members a lot of issues with formatting. MyBB will resize the pictures on it's own, but on occasion that is iffy and people ALWAYS will download the original picture and then the resizing is done. So for those with slower connections or those viewing over a limited data plan (say a smartphone or tablet), they will download the original picture (which could be several MB large) before the website resizes it down to fit properly.

129 6,685
 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Just click on the imgur button, select the photo from your computer and upload it.

If you prefer linking a photo from elsewhere, say a random website, photobucket, picasa, flickr etc. click on the "insert image" button and paste the photo url...fairly simple.

31 1,510
 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
I saw the toolbar. What's up with complete the URL? I'm a computer idiot. I can attach pix, copy and paste, etc How do you fill in the URL box to get the photo loaded?

2 334
 05-17-2013, 09:05 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Didn't realize someone beat me to it while I was blabbing on the phone with the reply box open...anyway..what he said. Signs011

(05-17-2013, 09:04 AM)Blue line Wrote: I saw the toolbar. What's up with complete the URL? I'm a computer idiot. I can attach pix, copy and paste, etc How do you fill in the URL box to get the photo loaded?

If you just want to upload a pic from your computer use the imgur button.

31 1,510
 05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
User Info
(05-17-2013, 09:04 AM)Blue line Wrote: I saw the toolbar. What's up with complete the URL? I'm a computer idiot. I can attach pix, copy and paste, etc How do you fill in the URL box to get the photo loaded?

The "enter URL" choice is if you want to insert a picture you have found on the web. That is not the choice to use if you want to use a picture which resides on your computer. For that, once again use the imgur button. I have circled it this time so it stands out .....

[Image: 3J5vtFv.jpg]

A secondary window will pop up asking you to choose the file. Click the choose file button ..... choose the file and click OK or Open. That's it, you are done.

1) click 'i' button
2) choose file
3) click OK / close / done

Nothing more to it than that.

129 6,685
 05-18-2013, 04:21 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Ok, got it. I was clicking the icon left of the imjur button. Thanks.

2 334