04-10-2012, 11:07 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Gentlemen :

we are running a international petition to Henkel (the company behind La Toja) for them to revert a previous formulations of the shaving stick,since the last one,even when is good,its not as good as It to be.

We did the same with LEA/BEA shaving stick,and the company behind it,Lascaray SL.decided to came up with a new formulation with tallow and lanolin on it :

Now we should do the same with La Toja and ask Henkel to improve the stick or revert back to one of its oldest formulations like these ones here :

-This one has tallow on it,as you can read :

[Image: 428d4eb6.jpg]

And this one has a formulation almost as the Manantiales shaving soap :

[Image: LaToja1-1.jpg]

So they already know how to make a really good shaving stick with lesser ingredients than the actual one (and no coconut acid...)

Also we need to request for the La Toja Manantiales shaving soap on a wooden bowl to come back into production.This soap was discontinued like 7 months ago and it was made in Spain,while the actual shaving stick is made in Slovakia?

So we can write something like this :

To whom may it concern :

I have been using your shaving stick for almost X time and Im not happy with the actual shaving stick performance : its quality have been lower/its not the same what it used to be.

I would like to request that you can change the actual formulation/ingredients of the shaving stick or revert to one of the older formulations,with tallow.

Also I would like to kindly ask to have the La Toja Manatiales shaving soap on a bowl back,since it was a brilliant shaving soap and I was truly disappointed when I discovered that is not longer made.

Kind Regards :

XXXXXXXX

Of course you can write whatever you want,this was just an example (excuse my english)

This is the Henkel email to send this request :Formulario - Henkel

We have made Ach Brito to make Lavanda shaving cream and LEA/BEA to make a new stick with tallow and lanolin.Lets make Henkel to make La Toja with tallow again!We need your help and this is something that would be beneficial for all.

Thanks a lot for your help,gentlemen!

Traditional wet shavers of the world,UNITE!BiggrinBiggrin

And after that,we need to start sending messages to Ach Brito to "resuscitate" the old Musgo Real shaving stick!

86 7,123
 04-11-2012, 12:16 AM
  • Leon
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Good idea!

If this worked for LEA/BEA why shouldn't work for La Toja?

I love their current formula, so with some tallow and lanolin I bet it won't get any worst only better!

4 313
 04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Sounds like a good idea to me as well.

Nice one, Teiste. Smile

32 638
 04-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I don't use the product but will be glad to put together an email and send it to them.

Now if someone in Italy or Spain can get the correct email address for the people that make Floid Blue, I would also do a petition for them to keep Floid Blue.

173 23,546
 04-11-2012, 04:19 AM
User Info
(04-11-2012, 04:08 AM)Johnny Wrote: I don't use the product but will be glad to put together an email and send it to them.

Now if someone in Italy or Spain can get the correct email address for the people that make Floid Blue, I would also do a petition for them to keep Floid Blue.

+1 Johnny on both accounts:
I have not tried La Toja yet(on my list), but will glady help out
I'm in for petition of Floid Blue too!

9 333
 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thanks gents and Ill try to find out the Floid Blue address.

86 7,123
 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Sounds like a great plan Teiste! You are right, we should not be silent.

45 16,352
 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
User Info
I just sent email. There is a North America website as well that describes La Toja non shaving cream items. I wonder if it would mean anything to contact them that way too.
http://www.henkel.com/cps/rde/xchg/henke...000001FFDO

9 333
 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I sent a message. I've never tried any of these old formulas but the current La Toja is one of my favorties.
I can't wait to try one of these new Lea/Bea sticks.

If this works next lets write to Williams/Combe and try to bring that back to its former glory. Smile

2 506
 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
User Info
The current stick works really well, even for non-tallow. Why mess with a good thing?

12 1,243
 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(04-11-2012, 10:12 AM)insomniac Wrote: The current stick works really well, even for non-tallow. Why mess with a good thing?

I knew that somebody would ask this.
Well,if you havent tried the old ones,its hard to tell you that were much better (trust me,they were) and they have been lowering the quality since the last reformulation for sure.Is it a good soap?yes,but it was much better in the past,and if we can even get the tallow back would be BRILLIANT!

86 7,123
 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
I see that they discontinued the bowl 7 months ago - how long ago did they reformulate the stick?

Not all formulations are bad (i.e. Proraso) but sometimes I wonder why companies reformulate? Of course, I know it's about saving money but I'd rather pay a few bucks more for a product that I like, probably repurchase it rather than buy a worthless product which will make me avoid it and that company going forward.

I know what the answer to my question is, a few discerning folks is not going to make that much of a difference in the bottom line when 95% of people will just deal with the crappier product vs. losing probably much more people on a higher price point.

Just disheartening sometimes.

0 353
 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
User Info
Good luck to you, gentlemen!

75 20,883
 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
User Info
I'll buy the soap in the wood bowl.

6 230
 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
User Info
Teiste,

Thank you for your leadership on this initiative. It's a wonderful grass roots effort and hopefully will result in the return of several highly regarding La Toja shaving products. In today's highly competitive marketplace, smart companies will be even more sensitive and hopefully responsive to customer comments. I plan to send messages to both the European and US addresses.

(04-10-2012, 11:07 PM)Teiste Wrote: Gentlemen :

we are running a international petition to Henkel (the company behind La Toja) for them to revert a previous formulations of the shaving stick,since the last one,even when is good,its not as good as It to be.

We did the same with LEA/BEA shaving stick,and the company behind it,Lascaray SL.decided to came up with a new formulation with tallow and lanolin on it :

Now we should do the same with La Toja and ask Henkel to improve the stick or revert back to one of its oldest formulations like these ones here :

-This one has tallow on it,as you can read :

[Image: 428d4eb6.jpg]

And this one has a formulation almost as the Manantiales shaving soap :

[Image: LaToja1-1.jpg]

So they already know how to make a really good shaving stick with lesser ingredients than the actual one (and no coconut acid...)

Also we need to request for the La Toja Manantiales shaving soap on a wooden bowl to come back into production.This soap was discontinued like 7 months ago and it was made in Spain,while the actual shaving stick is made in Slovakia?

So we can write something like this :

To whom may it concern :

I have been using your shaving stick for almost X time and Im not happy with the actual shaving stick performance : its quality have been lower/its not the same what it used to be.

I would like to request that you can change the actual formulation/ingredients of the shaving stick or revert to one of the older formulations,with tallow.

Also I would like to kindly ask to have the La Toja Manatiales shaving soap on a bowl back,since it was a brilliant shaving soap and I was truly disappointed when I discovered that is not longer made.

Kind Regards :

XXXXXXXX

Of course you can write whatever you want,this was just an example (excuse my english)

This is the Henkel email to send this request :Formulario - Henkel

We have made Ach Brito to make Lavanda shaving cream and LEA/BEA to make a new stick with tallow and lanolin.Lets make Henkel to make La Toja with tallow again!We need your help and this is something that would be beneficial for all.

Thanks a lot for your help,gentlemen!

Traditional wet shavers of the world,UNITE!BiggrinBiggrin

And after that,we need to start sending messages to Ach Brito to "resuscitate" the old Musgo Real shaving stick!

0 3,341
 04-12-2012, 12:43 AM
User Info
I opened up a thread about this on B&B - not very successful so far, but at least, I've tried! Tongue

2 5,532
 04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
User Info
I like the La Toja stick in it's current formulation, but it would be great to try a tallow versian.

Clayton

6 617
 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Teiste,

I agree that this is a good idea, but why not request the soap be made without the bowl? Meaning, just the puck. I can understand the cork bowl as an issue, but having the puck alone would probably be even better and easier for the company.

9 541
 04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
User Info
I finally received a response from Henkel:
"Dear Mr Noah:

First of all, thank you very much for contacting us. The opinion of our consumers is always important and we take it into account when we develop our products, and also when we improve them by introducing the suggestions and experiences provided by consumers.

In response to the mail received on 11.04.2012 and your comments concerning our product La Toja shaving stick soap, we want to inform you that the formula has remained unchanged since 2008.

Before introducing any modifications in our formulas that are currently in the market, Henkel always carries out market research with regular users to evaluate its product acceptance and, depending on the results, we decide to implement the new formula or maintain the actual one. The opinion of consumers who participated in that survey was favorable and, therefore, changes were implemented into the formula.

Regarding to the application of Manantiales de La Toja shaving bowl soap back we know that this product is very appreciated by loyal users like you who prefer a classic shaving brush. But unfortunately, due to market changes and new habits of today's society, it has become a slow moving product and it was decided to stop its production.

However, you can still find on the market a product with similar properties like the shaving soap stick of La Toja, who can meet those specific needs.

We hope to keep having your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Servicio Técnico Schwarzkopf & Henkel"

9 333
 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
My friends :

I have been contacted by Henkel via foroafeitado.com and they wanna talk to me by phone and ask me how they can improve their products,and yes,Im not kidding about it.

I let you know as soon as I talk to them but it seems they know that people arent happy with the new stick and also about not making the shaving soap wooden bowl anymore.I dont know what would happen,but at least,they wanna know what they can improve.

86 7,123