04-11-2012, 04:08 AM
User Info
My son and I are heading out today on a road trip and will be in St. Louis later today through Sunday afternoon/evening.

We will be staying downtown and will have a vehicle. We already have dinner plans for one evening. Not looking for a five star, coat and tie dining experience. Any type of cuisine is up for consideration.

Any recommendations for good restaurants in St. Louis?

Thanks

29 1,731
 04-11-2012, 07:43 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-11-2012, 04:08 AM)ridgerunner Wrote: My son and I are heading out today on a road trip and will be in St. Louis later today through Sunday afternoon/evening.

We will be staying downtown and will have a vehicle. We already have dinner plans for one evening. Not looking for a five star, coat and tie dining experience. Any type of cuisine is up for consideration.

Hi William

Your son and yourself are welcome to come out to our home one evening for a meal (we live about a 30 minute drive from downtown)... PM me if you would like to do so and I will give you our address.

Some options (I've only commented on the places I've eaten at; my wife has eaten at all the places and says they're all good or better): Are those the kind of places you're looking for?

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Mike, most generous of you to offer a home cooked meal.

Anything with the name Smokehouse in it has to be good. Smile

173 23,490
 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-11-2012, 08:07 AM)Johnny Wrote: Mike, most generous of you to offer a home cooked meal.

Anything with the name Smokehouse in it has to be good. Smile

Johnny, no mention of a home cooked meal was mentioned Wink

Though now you've mentioned it, I guess I will need to pull out something special if William and his son come out here Hmm

23 1,872
 04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
If I invite you to my home for a meal, it will be home cooked. Otherwise it's McDonalds baby. Biggrin

173 23,490
 04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
User Info
I can second McGurk's!! One of my favorites. If you are looking for Italian, see below:

Zia's
Rigazzi's
Charlie Gitto's

These are my favorites. I assume you are coming in for the Annual Meetings. If so, enjoy! I will be down there, but to say "Look for the bald, clean shaven guy" may not be specific enough!

1 223
 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
(04-11-2012, 07:43 AM)mikeperry Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 04:08 AM)ridgerunner Wrote: My son and I are heading out today on a road trip and will be in St. Louis later today through Sunday afternoon/evening.

Hi William

Your son and yourself are welcome to come out to our home one evening for a meal (we live about a 30 minute drive from downtown)... PM me if you would like to do so and I will give you our address.

Some options (I've only commented on the places I've eaten at; my wife has eaten at all the places and says they're all good or better): Are those the kind of places you're looking for?

Take care, Mike

Mike,

Yes, these restaurant recommendations are good and what we were hoping to see. I greatly appreciate your willingness to welcome us to your home for dinner. We will decline the invitation for this trip.

Thank you for your generous offer.

William

(04-11-2012, 11:25 AM)cjokrap Wrote: I can second McGurk's!! One of my favorites. If you are looking for Italian, see below:

Zia's
Rigazzi's
Charlie Gitto's

These are my favorites. I assume you are coming in for the Annual Meetings. If so, enjoy! I will be down there, but to say "Look for the bald, clean shaven guy" may not be specific enough!

We'll be on the lookout for you. I'll be the guy in his mid 50's, clean shaven, wearing a NRA shirt. My son will be with me. He's better looking (from his mother) in his early 30's, wearing a NRA hat.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations.

William

29 1,731
 04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
What kind of meeting are you guys goint to? A lock and load version of a sales meeting. Smile

173 23,490
 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
User Info
(04-11-2012, 03:16 PM)Johnny Wrote: What kind of meeting are you guys goint to? A lock and load version of a sales meeting. Smile

The NRA Annual Meetings are being held in St. Louis this weekend. 80,000 like minded folks, packed into the convention center and dome. Going to be a good time!

Of course, it is also the St. Louis Cardinals home opener, against the Cubs. Going to be a busy weekend downtown!

William, if you hit any of the Italian joints I mentioned, try the toasted ravioli. As a native, I think it may just be the food of kings!

1 223