05-20-2013, 02:41 AM
User Info
Hi lads,Geordie Sam here,back when I was 16 and had just started work in the shipyards,me and a few of the lads from school would go for a few "pints" in the city centre pubs. (how grown up we used to feel with our "bum fluff" taches) You have to be 18 to drink in the UK.
We used to rehearse our "false dates of birth" in case we were asked by the bar staff.
So for me it would have been 1958 (that would make me 18)one of the lads who went by his initials "PK" was challenged for his D.O.B. and in a blind panic blurted out "12th of April 1967" which at the time would have made him 9.
We were quickly shown the door,to this day when I see PK in the street I still take the piss out of him for it.
Sam.

0 79
 05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
User Info
I first bought beer in a bar when I was 14 years old. Because of my size, I found it fairly easy to buy, and the worst that would happen if I was carded would be to be asked to leave. At this time the drinking age in our state was 19.

I started buying in liquor stores at 16. I had about a 50% success rate and thankfully (or unfortunately I suppose), we had enough liquor stores in our town that I could rotate through them and not be "known"

One memory that brings back a chuckle was when we were in 11th grade and the high school football season had just finished. Four of us decided to go to a local bar that was known for not checking ID's. We were sitting in the back room, playing pool, and when I went up to buy our third pitcher, I see three of the football coaches walk in for a beer. I quickly did a 180 and we were stuck in that back room for an hour and a half before those coaches finally left! We were able to get the waitress to bring us more beer, but we weren't able to cross the main room to get to the bathroom with the coaches sitting there. I thought were were going to burst!

0 836
 05-20-2013, 11:46 AM
User Info
I joined the military at the age of 17, and while I did a little drinking in highschool it was not a big part of my life. My time as a Navy Hospital Corpsman with the Marines changed that. I still remember my first "mess night", a formal dinner used to mark special occasions followed by an open bar and lots of partying. I was 18 and the junior Corpsman for my unit. I had a field exercise the next morning and planned on making it an early night when my Gunnery Sergeant came up to me and asked what I was drinking. I said, "I'm not 21 Gunny." He looked at me for a second and replied, "OK, so...what are you drinking doc?" It all went down hill from there. Most bars didn't bother to card military folks, they figured if you were old enough to die for your country then you were old enough to drink...and boy did I drink. I never felt compelled to drink (I would go months at a time without drinking and never had any difficulty with that), but I liked to be social and I found that I had an amazing capacity for alcohol. I could put away an ungodly amount of liquor before I began feeling its effects and I had IVs of normal saline solution if I ever really over did it. My drinking continued until I was 25. The day after a new year's party I was driving home through the country side when I had to throw up. I pulled over and did my thing only to realize that I had thrown up on someone's lawn. I felt so ridiculous that I never touched more than a glass or two after that, and even those few drinks were only at the insistence of my wife, who had not known me during my crazy days and wanted to see what I was like drunk (she always got drunk quickly, so I never had to humor her with more than a glass or two before she no longer cared). Ahh, memories...

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 05-20-2013, 01:09 PM
User Info
Always could buy from Jr. High on. The coaches caught us once during spring practice, we were coming out of the 7-11 with multiple cases. One of them reminded us we had practice in the morning, ran us until he thought we sweated it all out.

0 0
 05-20-2013, 02:56 PM
User Info
Unfortunately, I started a early, but never in the bars. My first try at a bar was when I was roughly 18. I walked into a biker bar with a friend of mine. There was this surly woman bar tender. I didn't get any words out. She said sit down, have a pepsi and get the F*** out of here. I was shaken, started inching backwards and made towards the door. She said have a good night boys and laughed.

18 567
 06-11-2016, 01:52 AM
User Info
Heaven Hillvodka and Peak Raspberry Ice tea.

0 31
 06-11-2016, 07:36 AM
  • kav
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Everytime I wake up to a resurrected thread fear and folklore of 'lost time'  seizes my soul. This is the legend of people encountering the good neighbors, dancing and partying all night only to return from fairyland old and recognized but by a few decades later. Foolish believers in alien abduction have obscured the truth. That it occurs on their technological Golem the internet only increases my irritation.

2 3,169