05-20-2013, 05:32 PM
User Info
Here is hoping everyone here who has friends or family in OKC that all are OK and safe.

We had a bad tornado in the far SW suburbs years ago, one of the worst in the country, but that was dwarfed by today's horrible event.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

129 6,685
 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Ditto. We went through this two years ago here in Alabama. We had a rookie quit after helping pull a live 4 year old from his dead mothers arms. Prayers to the victims and responders in OKLAHOMA. HANG IN THERE!

2 334
 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Looking at the news it is unbelievable...just complete destruction...I hope they get massive help from anyone and everyone who can....just terrible..my prayers are with them

6 1,913
 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM
User Info
It's heartbreaking to think about all of them but gut-wrenching to hear about those poor children.

6 1,224
 05-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I am looking at the pictures and cannot believe what I am seeing. Thoughts and prayers to all who have been affected by this.

2 11,211
 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM
User Info
WTF, this is serious guys! I will be loading up a truck and heading tomorrow. I never thought I'd get any bs from the wifey, but I guess she's a bit worriod.

For anyone else going... maybe I'll see you there. Gods Speed.

2 546
 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM
User Info
It is a horrible day for OKC. They are accustomed to this sort of weather, but the number of lives lost in this one is just sad... Our thoughts are with the families affected by the storms today.

63 2,128
 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-20-2013, 07:19 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: WTF, this is serious guys! I will be loading up a truck and heading tomorrow. I never thought I'd get any bs from the wifey, but I guess she's a bit worriod.

I am glad to hear that you will be helping out Bob. Stay Safe! The images on TV are horrible...I can only imagine what it will be like in person.

Has anyone heard from Gary (Brothers)? I know he lives in OKC.

45 16,340
 05-21-2013, 12:39 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
They are use to bad weather, but nothing like this. I was in Moore two days after the big one hit in 1999 and this one appears to be a lot worse. So sad for those small children.

I have family and friends that live all around the Moore area but thank God none of them were in the path of this thing.

I'm not sure what part of OKC Gary lives in, but I don't think it is close to Moore.

Bob, have a safe trip.

173 23,535
 05-21-2013, 01:29 AM
User Info
It's ALL over the news stations here in the UK,we get NOTHING close to anything like this.Is this happening more often now?
I know the weather here seems to be changing,more floods than ever.
Best wishes to everyone affected,good luck Bob,your a good lad.
Sam.

0 79
 05-21-2013, 07:57 AM
User Info
Well guys, I'm still here at home. Wifey thinks that I'd probably just be in the way right now. I guess she might be right. Still have a bit of a hitch in my gate from the new hip.

I just feel that I need to help somehow.Sad

2 546
 05-21-2013, 09:27 AM
User Info
(05-21-2013, 07:57 AM)PanchoVilla Wrote: Well guys, I'm still here at home. Wifey thinks that I'd probably just be in the way right now. I guess she might be right. Still have a bit of a hitch in my gate from the new hip.

I just feel that I need to help somehow.Sad

Bob, I think that is a wonderful attitude. One thing you may wish to consider (and I hope others as may as well) is this. 1) figure out how much money you'd spend in gas driving there, being there and driving home. Perhaps add in lodging if you aren't going to sleep in your truck. Donate that to the American Red Cross, or some other organized group who is helping OKC dig out from this disaster. 2) donate blood. There is never enough blood in banks in this great country.

While this is a major disaster, and obviously very tragic, it luckily is limited to a "small" area of destruction. I am not in any way trying to diminish what happened, heck I am the one who started this thread, but this does not rise to the level of Sandy or Katrina. Every available person doesn't need to show up to help. At some point, there are too many peas in the pod if you know what I mean.

I do wish more had your attitude my friend!

129 6,685
 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM
User Info
Good idea Doug. And so it shall be.

2 546
 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(05-20-2013, 08:42 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 07:19 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: WTF, this is serious guys! I will be loading up a truck and heading tomorrow. I never thought I'd get any bs from the wifey, but I guess she's a bit worriod.

I am glad to hear that you will be helping out Bob. Stay Safe! The images on TV are horrible...I can only imagine what it will be like in person.

I communicated with Gary this morning. He and the family are okay. They were not affected by this tornado.

173 23,535
 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(05-22-2013, 09:30 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 08:42 PM)bullgoose Wrote:

I communicated with Gary this morning. He and the family are okay. They were not affected by this tornado.

Thank goodness for some good news.

2 11,211