05-22-2013, 02:15 PM
User Info
Hi lads,
there has been some terrible, obscene scenes in London today,a British soldier has been murdered in full view of the public,and the aftermath captured on mobile phones.
It is all over the news here, and I'm sure will be in the "states" and around the World.
I know we are not allowed to be political,and with that I agree,but what I would like to say is, I'm 52 years of age,the World is going to be in a whole different place in another 50 years,I along with a lot of other posters on this site won't be here,but a lot will,and I really fear for what type of a World that will be.
If this post is not allowed that is fair enough,but I am not trying to score any political points.
Sam.

0 79
 05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Sam, no politics was mentioned in your post. Why was the soldier murdered? Has anything come out about it?

2 11,211
 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM
User Info
(05-22-2013, 02:46 PM)freddy Wrote: Sam, no politics was mentioned in your post. Why was the soldier murdered? Has anything come out about it?

Freddy,it's ALL to do with politics,it's Al-Qaeda,2 London based fanatics,1 is of Nigerian descent,I don't know about the other,attacked a British soldier returning to Woolwich (pronounced Woolitch) barracks in London this afternoon,apparently they have beheaded him,they knocked him down in a car, jumped out and attacked him just outside the barracks.
I'm sure it will be all over your news channels.
Speak to you tomorrow.
Sam.

0 79
 05-22-2013, 05:42 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Absolutely shocking.

91 17,850
 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM
User Info
Sam who knows if this thread will get PC locked, but in the meantime...

I have a simple rule of thumb. "A head for an eye and a heart for a tooth". Bad behavior should be discouraged.

RIP

2 546
 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM
User Info
Time to draw a line in the sand I think

0 21
 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
  • freddy
User Info
Sam, this was the lead story on the nightly news I just got done watching. All of these things have become a never ending nightmare. And the really sad thing is that nothing is accomplished except more death. If someone is unhappy with the world then let that person find a rock to crawl under because that person, acting out, is the cause and not the cure of this insanity.

2 11,211
 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
I think though that with terrorism we are taught to look at retail terror, incidents like this perhaps, but not at wholesale terror. We are told how barbaric and cruel , irrational retail non state terrorism is yet its often a frustrated response to the wholesale state terror America, Britain and Israel seem masters of.

Our oil wars, occupations, proxy wars , atrocities, drone strikes, abductions/tortures actually harm and kill more people than the sum of the incidents they are used to justify .

The problem for Americans and Brits is real blindness, we can see the bad others do , we do worse and call it okay.

15 541
 05-22-2013, 07:48 PM
User Info
OK, gents, this now has become too political, with this inappropriate post. Tone it down NOW or it's going to be closed.

(05-22-2013, 07:18 PM)Hanzo Wrote: I think though that with terrorism we are taught to look at retail terror, incidents like this perhaps, but not at wholesale terror. We are told how barbaric and cruel , irrational retail non state terrorism is yet its often a frustrated response to the wholesale state terror America, Britain and Israel seem masters of.

Our oil wars, occupations, proxy wars , atrocities, drone strikes, abductions/tortures actually harm and kill more people than the sum of the incidents they are used to justify .

The problem for Americans and Brits is real blindness, we can see the bad others do , we do worse and call it okay.

184 12,003
 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(05-22-2013, 07:48 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: OK, gents, this now has become too political, with this inappropriate post. Tone it down NOW or it's going to be closed.

(05-22-2013, 07:18 PM)Hanzo Wrote: I think though that with terrorism we are taught to look at retail terror, incidents like this perhaps, but not at wholesale terror. We are told how barbaric and cruel , irrational retail non state terrorism is yet its often a frustrated response to the wholesale state terror America, Britain and Israel seem masters of.

I agree, John.

2 11,211
 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM
User Info
Agreed. I believe it possible to state simple shock and outrage over the beheading of a human being without dragging politics into the fray. This is not a site for political discussion. To be blunt I don't want to know anyone's political views on this site as doing so stands a good chance of my thinking less of some friends once I know their beliefs.

To the OP, it is a sad day indeed.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

129 6,685
 05-22-2013, 09:47 PM
User Info
It's difficult to imagine or speak of incidences like this without the discussion quickly turning to specific causes and then prevention of future events.

9 1,199