05-23-2013, 08:44 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
I believe this might benefit my shaving bretheren. How did I convince my spouse that all shaving equipment must dry for a week before reuse? You ask? I am thinking of offering a course called How to get your purchases past your spouse 101. Entrance to the course requires the correct answer to the following question.
You purchase your 8th razor. Your wife notices your purchase and asks why you need an 8th razor when there are only 7 days in a week.
You respond:
A. So I notice you have more than 10 pairs of shoes.
B. I earn the money here
C. But I really wanted it
D. That is not a razor. It is a lip retractor hair remover. This device retracts your upper lip alowing you to safely remove the hair directly below your nostrils.

The answer of course is D. If she buys this premise it allows you to puchase 6 more razor/lip retractor hair removers.
Tuition and registration for the course will be announced in a later post.

54 898
 05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Trust me, A is not the right answer.Biggrin

173 23,293
 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM
User Info
My answer is have separate bank accounts and bathrooms. Works like a charm. You can never challenge a woman regarding clothing unless you want to get beat up.

98 12,362
 05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
A and B definitely don't work ... I know this from personal experience ... Confused

102 17,576
 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
User Info
I have more cloths than my GF - by far more - and almost the same number of shoes, so what do I know Tongue

But I never question her purchases as long as she never question mine.
If she starts to do that, I will start to look for a new GF Biggrin

When you own more than 2 razors and more than 2 brushes, you are already in to hobby territory. And people don't question your hobbies, unless they want to get beat up badly BoxA6Star-wars-smiley-023

Once I got past 10 bottles of perfume, my then GF started to ask why I wanted all those frags. I answered that it was my hobby, just like collecting red wine.
I now have 250+ bottles of fragrance and a new GF Wink

21 4,806
 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM
User Info
None of those answers work for me.

What works well is shipping them to work so a new box is not noticed. If it is noticed, I take a different route. I either try, it was a PIF and didn't cost anything or it was on sale. I have even used my buddy sent it to me to try. I'll send it back after giving a try for a few weeks.

18 560
 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM
  • mark1966
  • Canberra [the capital city of] Australia
User Info
(05-23-2013, 08:44 AM)Barrylu Wrote: ...
The answer of course is D. If she buys this premise it allows you to puchase 6 more razor/lip retractor hair removers.
Tuition and registration for the course will be announced in a later post.

OK, this might work but only to a point.

Some of us are beyond that point, see here, and there are limits on how long things can be said to need to rest. Suggesting that razors can only be used once a year is not sustainable.

As you will learn in the course How to be Happily Married for more than 20 year 201 the BEST solution is to pick the right spouse in the first place and love her to death Biggrin

Mine's a keeper!

(BTW lots more added to collection since those old pics)

4 196
 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM
User Info
My wife (of 32 years) buys shoes and purses with the best of them! How many pairs of black shoes can one need!!

My birthday is in a couple weeks, I already had her buy me a new phone this past weekend. Tonight I said you can buy me a new razor off BST for my bd...ok

I still have a couple weeks left! What else should I let her buy for my bd Biggrin

We have this discussion every few weeks when we are both shopping (shaving store, macys) ebay or amazon. We both have addictions and know we won't stop.

The correct answer for me, is A

31 1,800
 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM
User Info
I solved this problem very simply. When questioned about the need for so many shaving supplies, I offered to do a comparison in costs...my shaving supplies vs. her makeup, creams, lotions and potions.

I've never heard another word from her about it.

0 836
 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
User Info
While I have explained my hobby to my wife, I have never needed to. She is my teammate, and she trusts me. She knows I would never do something to endanger the care of my family. Honestly, I thank God for my wife.

47 1,270
 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
User Info
Seeing as how my Better Half is the one who suggested I pick up traditional wetshaving, and the one who encourages me to see it as a hobby... issue won't be raised.

Also; in my household "Because!" is a perfectly valid answer to that sort of questions Tongue

3 3,443
 05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
  • ohpaos
  • United States
User Info
Hmm...A lot of shaving gear can be shared by couples, but the same can't be said for shoes/handbags (usually Tongue)

2 36