05-23-2013, 10:11 AM
User Info
I have a pretty solid collection of 250+ bottles, but I have chosen 16 bottles as my regular-daily goto fragrances.

These are standing on my shelf out in the open exposed to light. I want to showcase a little part of my frags, so I have chosen 16 of my more secure & cheaper daily frags.

These are not my all time favorite fragrances, but still among them (all in my Top 100)

Only one Creed , Creed GIT made it here, because I have a 120 ml backup bottle of it, so I spray it quite liberally :-)
Creed GIT also is my fav Creed just in front of Aventus & Royal Oud.

My 16 daily frags are:

YSL Body Kouros
YSL L'Homme
YSL Rive Gauche
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Davidoff Cool Water
Chanel Egoiste
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Chanel Allure Homme
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Sport
Versace Man au Fraiche
Prada Infusion D'Homme
Paco Rabanne XS
Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza
Kiton For Men
Mont Blanc Individuel

[Image: 3egunaba.jpg]

[Image: be4emesu.jpg]

All secure frags - ready to Spray :-)

The rest of my frags are hiding here in the 5 drawers and under my bed in the 3 large blue bags (the 3 bags frags will soon be placed in a new chest of drawers)

[Image: qeru4a7a.jpg]

[Image: a8yvu6y3.jpg]

What are your daily on the shelf frags that you use without thinking about spraying them ?

22 5,044
 05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I almost always use aftershave in place of EdT but my two go to frags are Burberry Touch and Lacoste Red Style In Play.

45 3,955
 05-25-2013, 10:44 AM
User Info
Surely we must have more shavers that use a variety of GOTO fragrances Smile

The 16 bottles I use most frequently are bottles I all have backups of - this makes me want to spray them even more liberally, suffocating the people around me Tongue (just kidding.....I hope Blush Rolleyes)

22 5,044
 05-25-2013, 11:17 AM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
inflicting suffocation no biggie...Biggrin learned that trick from pipesmoking ! :flaming:
not many, but steady usage of a favored few:
Speick AS
Captain's Choice BR
Wm Neumann & Co. 1911 AS
Gilber Henry BR balm
soap and cream orgy nearly over; have notified the winners Number_one....2013 will be The Year of the AS Orgy !

0 1,291
 05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
User Info
Claus I can't tell, but is there a bottle of Quasar in one of those bags?! Looks like it lol!

Really the only fragrances that I would call "Goto" would be Trumpers Lime, The Body Shop's Kristna, and Tobs Bay Rum. I will say Dominica Bay Rum might actually wind up on that list too.

0 652
 05-26-2013, 12:24 AM
User Info
(05-25-2013, 11:16 PM)Sodapopjones Wrote: Claus I can't tell, but is there a bottle of Quasar in one of those bags?! Looks like it lol!

Really the only fragrances that I would call "Goto" would be Trumpers Lime, The Body Shop's Kristna, and Tobs Bay Rum. I will say Dominica Bay Rum might actually wind up on that list too.

Sorry, no Quasar in there Smile

Is it good Tongue

22 5,044
 05-26-2013, 02:14 AM
User Info
(05-26-2013, 12:24 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 11:16 PM)Sodapopjones Wrote: Claus I can't tell, but is there a bottle of Quasar in one of those bags?! Looks like it lol!

Sorry, no Quasar in there Smile

Is it good Tongue

Its a unique quality scent if you ask me, and is now cheap compared to what it used to be. Its a unique heavy musk, woody and citrus type scent.

[Image: Quasar%20Cologne.jpg]

0 652
 05-28-2013, 02:29 AM
User Info
Nice thread!
My GOTO fragrances (on the bathroom shelf) are:
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Colonia
Dior Eau Sauvage
Mugler Cologne
Terre d'Hermes EdT
Guerlain Coriolan
Puig Quorum
Azzaro Pour Homme

...and decants of:
Chanel Sycomore
Diptyque Tam Dao
CdG Vettiveru
Tom Ford Extreme

... and in the office:
4711 EdC
L'Occitane Vetyver
Bvlgari Pour Homme
Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Tabac EdT

0 82
 09-15-2013, 03:23 PM
User Info
(05-23-2013, 10:11 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I have a pretty solid collection of 250+ bottles, but I have chosen 16 bottles as my regular-daily goto fragrances.

These are standing on my shelf out in the open exposed to light. I want to showcase a little part of my frags, so I have chosen 16 of my more secure & cheaper daily frags.

These are not my all time favorite fragrances, but still among them (all in my Top 100)

Only one Creed , Creed GIT made it here, because I have a 120 ml backup bottle of it, so I spray it quite liberally :-)
Creed GIT also is my fav Creed just in front of Aventus & Royal Oud.

My 16 daily frags are:

YSL Body Kouros
YSL L'Homme
YSL Rive Gauche
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Davidoff Cool Water
Chanel Egoiste
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Chanel Allure Homme
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Sport
Versace Man au Fraiche
Prada Infusion D'Homme
Paco Rabanne XS
Armani Acqua Di Gio Essenza
Kiton For Men
Mont Blanc Individuel

You willing to sell any samples? I've been wanting to try most of your top 16 lol. Definitely the Creed, YSL and Dior Intense, I'll be more than happy to trade or whatever

9 81
 09-21-2013, 03:48 PM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
I like to use Tabac EDT... It smells good to me and my wife likes it - bonus!

2 447
 09-21-2013, 06:21 PM
User Info
Every fragrance I have is a goto. I segment by day/evening, cool/warm weather. So within each of the four categories I have a nice selection. If I would hesitate on using a fragrance then it's time to gift it to one of my friends that enjoys frags.

6 126
 09-23-2013, 06:36 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(05-25-2013, 10:44 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Surely we must have more shavers that use a variety of GOTO fragrances Smile

The 16 bottles I use most frequently are bottles I all have backups of - this makes me want to spray them even more liberally, suffocating the people around me Tongue (just kidding.....I hope Blush Rolleyes)

You scared them all away with the massive collection and impressive list to GOTO!

I think of GOTO as one or two real favourites but I can't stick to that so:

Floris Mahon Leather
Creed Vintage Tabarome
Creed Cuir de Russie
Creed Cyprus Musc
Creed Royal English Leather
Creed Royal Oud
Hugh Parsons Whitehall

No particular order but I have really enjoyed the Whitehall and Mahon Leather of late.

0 534
 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM
User Info
I've only just started exploring EdTs and EdCs by buying a few dozen decants. I haven't gone through all of them yet, but here are the ones that I will eventually buy full bottles of:

Mont Blanc - Legend
Burberry - London
DR Harris - Marborough
John Varvatos - Artisan
Armani - Acqua di Gio
Calvin Klein - Aqua Eternity (my wife's favorite)

And here are some full bottles I already have use on a regular basis
Everlast - Original 1910
Tabac EdC
Kenneth Cole - Black

0 836
 09-23-2013, 08:54 AM
User Info
I only have one "go to" fragrance because I only have one EdT. I like the idea of having a "signature scent" so that people hopefully would identify some aspect of that scent with you.

It used to be Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but I didn't think it was versatile enough for all seasons use. I then went "into the wilderness" so to speak and tried alot of fougeres, including GIT. They always had too much body and too much presence.

However I also tried a sample of Hermes Terre d'Hermes and loved it at first whiff. Light and airy, with a mineral/grapefruit scent, its everything I love in a fragrance.

72 1,407
 09-24-2013, 06:56 AM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
My daily goto is/are:
Creed GIT
Creed Milessime Imperial
Bond no. 9 for Saks
Bond no. 9 Wall Street

During the fall and winter I tend to mix it up a bit more and use other scents that have vetiver notes or are sweet & warm, and during the spring and summer months I tend to use scents that are bright and citrusy. But, whenever I'm in doubt, the above 4 are my usual daily scents with GIT getting used most often.

27 860
 09-24-2013, 07:20 AM
User Info
AOS Sandalwood
Aramis
Halston Z-12

0 295
 09-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Wow...I feel humbled in all your great company! I have but only a few colognes that I consider daily wear:

Drakkar Noir
Polo Double Back
Houbigant Fougere Royale - Special occasions only
Trumper's Eau de Portugal
Trumper's Wild Fern
Penhaligon's Racquets - recently made into 200ml of ASB concoction after Churchillafemme's experiment thread...It turned out very nice and quite light enough for ASB!

I wish Wm Neumann made his Signature scent in a Cologne...I'd dump all above for that one alone...!

68 1,416
 09-26-2013, 08:51 AM
User Info
I tend to rotate scents as I study more and more of perfumery, but I have a few on which I regularly depend:

Diptyque: Volutes (Still my favorite tobacco)

Houbigant: Fougére Royale (2010 Issue)

Tom Ford: Tuscan Leather (thankfully, on my skin, that horrible "new leather" note dissipates and gives way to the raspberry, thyme, and tars)

C.O. Bigelow: Elixir Black (regardless of price, it's actually pretty decent stuff. Its inexpensive nature makes that fact all the better)

Penhaligon's: Sartorial (I actually prefer English Fern, but feel that I'm not really old enough to pull of the latter, so I settle for a happy compromise)

Dior: Dior Homme (Original) (the original is still very nice despite its reformulation, which affected its longevity and depth somewhat)

Hermés: Un Jardin sur le Nil (My wear-anywhere, do-anything fragrance. Incredibly versatile and nuanced)

5 407
 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
User Info
(09-26-2013, 08:51 AM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote: I tend to rotate scents as I study more and more of perfumery, but I have a few on which I regularly depend:

Diptyque: Volutes (Still my favorite tobacco)

Houbigant: Fougére Royale (2010 Issue)

Tom Ford: Tuscan Leather (thankfully, on my skin, that horrible "new leather" note dissipates and gives way to the raspberry, thyme, and tars)

C.O. Bigelow: Elixir Black (regardless of price, it's actually pretty decent stuff. Its inexpensive nature makes that fact all the better)

Penhaligon's: Sartorial (I actually prefer English Fern, but feel that I'm not really old enough to pull of the latter, so I settle for a happy compromise)

Dior: Dior Homme (Original) (the original is still very nice despite its reformulation, which affected its longevity and depth somewhat)

Hermés: Un Jardin sur le Nil (My wear-anywhere, do-anything fragrance. Incredibly versatile and nuanced)

Excellent choices, my friend.
You Sir have fine fragrance taste !
I own all of them except the Houbigant.

(09-23-2013, 08:54 AM)jpakstis Wrote: I only have one "go to" fragrance because I only have one EdT. I like the idea of having a "signature scent" so that people hopefully would identify some aspect of that scent with you.

It used to be Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but I didn't think it was versatile enough for all seasons use. I then went "into the wilderness" so to speak and tried alot of fougeres, including GIT. They always had too much body and too much presence.

However I also tried a sample of Hermes Terre d'Hermes and loved it at first whiff. Light and airy, with a mineral/grapefruit scent, its everything I love in a fragrance.

I respect the guys with one signature scent.
I have but three problems with that oersonally though Smile

1. Olfactory Fatique - when using the same scent over and over, the noise gets too accustomed to the smell and consequently you don't smell it as much.

Why does a farmer not sense the smell from his manure ?
Because of olfactory Fatique.

Thus I would always advice a person to use at least 2-3 signature scents.

2. Season changes.
In summer, too heavy scents feel cloying.
In winter, too light frags gets killed.

3. My interest in fragrances and because variety is the spice of life Biggrin
Why drink the same red wine for the rest of your life, when there are so many to choose from ?

Just an update.

My frag collection has grown since the first post here.
I now own 346 unique designer & niche frag, and 402 bottles if counting backups.

I still need at least 100 more niche and 10-15 designers.
The journey never stops though.
I'm a collector for life.

Starting to buy 50 ml bottles now though, for obvious reasons.
Always went for the bigger bottles, just not necessary anymore with my rather huge collection.
I now have 12 daily goto fragrances and 4 extra that I use in my travel bag, when I stay at hotels or at my lady friends condo.

22 5,044
 09-26-2013, 11:07 PM
User Info
YSL La nuit de l'home.
Tabac.
La Toja Manantiales.

2 363