05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
User Info
Write about a memorable time you had with your dad or a memorable time you have had as a dad yourself. The winner will be selected by random.org by May 30, give or take.

The Captain has been known to let random.org pic a second and third place winner in the past who may get another gift from the treasure chest:

[Image: qYlss2d.jpg]

So what does the winner get? Ah, most of you are WAYYYY ahead of The Captain! It is one full size bottle of our brand new release - our wildly popular Lime!

[Image: nL7RhVa.jpg]

Here is a picture of our lime with its siblings:

[Image: O3TIXZJl.jpg]

6 323
 05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Sign up gentlemen. This is a great and worthy contest by our Captain. Besides that, these are great products.

173 23,289
 05-24-2013, 05:38 AM
User Info
Please count me in Captain. So far my most memorable moment as a father came a few weeks ago, when I learned that the baby will be a boy.

[Image: 2s6o4eb.jpg]

10 2,062
 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(05-24-2013, 05:38 AM)taborcarn Wrote: So far my most memorable moment as a father came a few weeks ago, when I learned that the baby will be a boy.

John, congratulations! on the wonderful news Cheers

Captain, please don't include me, but thank you for a generous PIF Clap

My best "daddy" moment, holding my son for the first time...

[Image: Jq7pf.jpg]

23 1,872
 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I won't participate either as I'm not a dad myself and I can't even remember that my dad even had a conversation with me. Very nice gesture Captain!

26 1,243
 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM
User Info
I could easily fill pages writing about memorable times with my dad. He was/is a great dad- I really couldn't ask for a better one. One of my favorite memories is actually kind a weird one...

One time he took me to the arcade at the local mall. While we were there, a fight broke out and when the two security guards tried to intervene, they got their asses handed to them. With no one else to stop the brawl, my dad stepped in and grabbed the two guys who were fighting. He threw one towards the back of the arcade and then quickly threw the other one clear out of the arcade and into the mall. And when I say "threw" I mean he literally threw them- as in, picked them up by the seat of their pants and tossed them. When I asked him why he decided to intervene and break the fight up, he said he was afraid I (or one of the other kids in the arcade) would somehow get hurt if the fight continued. It was then I realized that my dad was a bad-ass.

One of my memorable moments as a dad (so far) has to be when my daughters told my wife that they aren't afraid of the dark. When my wife asked why, they told her that no monsters would ever come to our house because they are all afraid of me. If makes me wonder if they feel the same way about me, that I felt/feel about my dad.

2 234
 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
My favorite time I had with my son was this last weekend when we went to Father and Son's campout...It was a great weekend! He rushed around dumping stuff in the fire...stepped on some bugs and rode his razor around...then we made sure the fire was completely out, dumping cups of water on it and pretended the bubbles were volcanos and lava flows!

The favorite thing I did with my Dad was him letting me shave with him every Saturday! He would lather me up and then "shave" me with his Slim. Good Times!

If I win I'll PIF it to a Veteran!

67 1,375
 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I'm in.

My favorite memory of my dad, Skeet shooting at the ranch, and learning to shoot by my father.

My favorite memories as a father, taking my son rock climbing, backpacking, and teaching my son how to shoot like mine taught me.

14 1,177
 05-25-2013, 03:11 AM
User Info
Count me in Sir!
I had an uncle on my mom's side who started teaching me baseball when I was 4 or 5. My father is from Croatia where they had no idea what baseball was but he encouraged me all the years I played. The best memories of my dad are of him ALWAYS taking the time to catch for me so I could practice pitching (his poor knees lol) or pitching to me so I could practice batting and just having a catch whenever I wanted. He was at every game I played, I can still hear him telling me from behind the backstop "get closer to the plate son", I was a little gun shy after getting hit by a few wild pitches. Playing baseball was some of the best memories I have growing up and I was blessed to have my dad a part of all of them.
Thank You for the great PIF!

0 143
 05-25-2013, 09:10 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Please count me in Captain. My most memorable and thankful moment with my dad was when he came home from Iraq for the last time, last year in September just in time for my birthday, his birthday and Christmas.

15 970
 05-25-2013, 09:24 AM
User Info
I'm the oldest of four, so naturally parents have to share their attention. One Christmas Eve when I was 14, my dad and I sat on the couch around 1 am with the lights out except for the tree, singing Christmas carols and talking. We were the only two up. It was very special.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

0 16
 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
this is a great offering, and a great way to ask for entries Biggrin

Sad to say, I don't have many wonderful memories with my dad. We're closer now then when we I was a kid, but still...i dunno

And my son, well, he lives with his mom and her boyfriend. I see him a couple times a week, but still I miss out on a lot of things that happen in his life, so I treasure all the things we do together.
Things that come to mind especially are when he shows a true interest in things that I'm really into. Recently I've really gotten back into playing pool, so he's become eager to learn so he can play with me, asked me to get him his own cue which I'll be giving him for his bday in a couple weeks.
And a while back he was all impressed by the straight razor shaving stuff I had, so he asked me to show him how it's done. It may sound silly, but it meant something to me....since he spends more time with his moms bf, and prior to that had been telling me that he uses an electric razor, so I should too because it's so much easier. After our little lesson he says he wants me to teach him for real as soon as he's old enough (there's a thread around here somewhere, he got to use my feather SS without a blade, there were great pics lol)

Teaching them things is great, but there's just something better about it when they ask to learn

Anyway, good luck to everyone. I've been wanting to try this since it was first talked about here and have heard nothing but great things since Cool

10 411
 05-25-2013, 07:19 PM
User Info
I'm a Lime Lover and would love to try this one.

Very nice offering Captain.

A recent fun time had as a Dad and with my Dad, when he took me and the boys to a charity Demolition Derby and we sat front row watching the cars get destroyed, eating some snacks and having some good old time fun.

Another great time I will always remember with my Dad is when he took us as kids (me and my brother) Deep Sea Salmon fishing on a family vacation to Portland. Caught a couple nice salmon each, had a great time fishing and then eating them all shortly after. First and only salmon I have ever had the pleasure of fishing for.

Thanks for the chance.

8 2,718
 05-25-2013, 07:26 PM
User Info
My favorite memory was the birth of my son in 2005! Probably the only child I will ever have.

2 805
 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
User Info
Hey Captain, thanks for your generosity.

Is a GRANDfather story eligible? Here it is.

When our first granddaughter was born, I was feeling overwhelmed. In an earlier generation, this event never would have happened. I would have died of a heart attack that I survived due to surgery, and the child would not have been born due to parental reproductive issues solved only because of the miracle of modern medicine.

So all four grandparents together walked into the hospital room to greet the newborn. Mom (our daughter) handed the baby to me, and I said "oh, no, the grandmothers should be first." Mom looked at me straight on and said in a very mature voice "I am the mother, I get to decide who holds her first, and I choose you." Fighting back a tear, I held the child and said "welcome to the word, granddaughter."

15 313
 05-25-2013, 08:35 PM
User Info
Count me, Captain!

Favorite memory as a son: visiting the birthplaces of my grandparents with my Dad.

Favorite memory as a father: hearing "Dad" the first time.

47 1,270
 05-26-2013, 07:41 AM
  • pooking
  • Wishful thinker.
  • Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
User Info
Image Removed...

7 146
 05-26-2013, 11:38 AM
User Info
When I was a senior in High School, my father and I traveled to Virginia and Washington D.C. for a week. It was just a wonderful time we shared as we visited some of our country's most historic sight. There have been few times in my life when I've been able to spend that much time alone with my father and wouldn't trade it for anything!

As a dad one of my recent great memories is the day I took my second son home from the hospital. He was born a month early and spent an extra week in the hospital as he worked to keep his oxygen level up. It was tough for us to have him momentarily stop breathings and such a relief when he finally matured enough to keep it under control.

I'm in.

0 54
 05-26-2013, 02:00 PM
  • TonyN
  • Lawrenceville, GA US
User Info
My youngest daughter graduated from college last week and got married Friday night. She has made us very proud. Thursday night at the rehearsal dinner she gave me cuff links to wear with the tux at the wedding. The sayings on the cuff links brought tears to my eyes. The sayings were: "The Fist Man I Ever Loved" and "Forever Your Little Girl"

Seeing her in her wedding gown got me all choked up again!

1 430
 05-26-2013, 05:47 PM
  • Leo K.
  • Mankato MN
User Info
I haven't tried the lime but would LOVE to!

My dad passed when I was three in 1973, but I have many memories of him. My favorite being the time he put me on his shoulders when walking into the backyard.

He is a Vietnam vet so I remember him this Memorial Day.

1 749