05-23-2013, 11:01 PM
User Info
My wife has been always very supportive of this hobby. It didn't seem right that while I use such fantastic razors and creams she'd stick with the disposables.

I recently got a whippeddog restored brush with a 30mm knot. It was an impulse buy, I was looking for such handle for a while even though I facelather and I don't like big lofted knots. This one was no exception (too big and floppy) but it started the thread going. Then the razor: My wife is too scared of DE's and a mild injectors like the L seemed just right. My wife would never in a million years use a pre-owned razor but I was lucky to grab a NOS one on ebay for $20, the one that comes in a sealed can. When we opened it, we got a whiff of the 70's which was nice. Next, I happily delegated to her my tub if GFT Rose cream and that yellow bowl, although its not fancy, being unbreakable and non-slippery is very appropriate to be used in a shower.

What can I say, 3 shaves in and she is hooked.

[Image: FJvojwR.jpg]

Let's see those rigs in pink:-)

6 808
 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nicely done sir.

173 23,536
 05-24-2013, 06:55 AM
  • Frans
  • Netherlands
User Info
Very nice story! Thank you.

Frans

0 69
 05-24-2013, 01:20 PM
User Info
Not so much a rig. But there's a story behind it.

I asked my wife after it was certain that I liked my shaves and was solidly "into" blade shaving if she'd like a ladies razor. She'd been using plastic disposables. I asked a number of times and each time she'd indicate in the negative. Her B'day came up and I decided to just get her a Lady Gillette and don't ask anymore. The short story is that I think she actually wanted one but was hesitant to indicate that. Who knows what they think? I've long since given up trying to figure them out.

Anyway, she used it the next time she shaved, so her "I'm happy with what I'm using." was pure BS.

OK, the upside for me is I have a place for my rejected blades to go for use. She even likes Dorcos! I've never seen anything like it. She changes blades maybe every 6 months, so I think I could have gotten her a paint scraper and wrapped the handle with pink electrical tape and been done with it, but she's quite happy. So am I.

[img][Image: DSC03290.jpg][/img]

To this day I can't get her to use proper shave soap (I have a bunch of Williams she can use Biggrin), and since that's a non-starter so is a brush to work up a lather.

Yes, I know what you're thinking... That Brian he's quite a humanitarian. Wink Laughing1

32 6,309
 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  • ohpaos
  • United States
User Info
Wonderful stories! Brian, you're a hoot. 24 Galhatz, you've put together a very nice set for your wife. Clap The Rubberset 200-series is among my favorites for looks & size. I admit to being a bit of a germophobe & started out with a new DE. After about a year the injector bug hit, so I had to get over it & delve into "pre-owned" razors. Haven't looked back since. Biggrin My first Schick was the cream Lady Eversharp (K1 Type injector).
[Image: image.jpg]

Lady Eversharps were made in cream, pink & blue. The K1 type was made in both gold tone & silver tone, while the K2 type came in gold tone with gold stars along the handle. I find them to be equivalent to the L type in terms of mildness, but easier to clean because of the "Hydromagic lever". (Not that other injectors are difficult to clean, but I have a touch of the CDO <-- proper alphabetical order Tongue)

2 36
 05-26-2013, 05:50 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Just recently bought Yummy an Omega 10098 Professional brush which is another big lofted brush. She loves it. She says she has no interest in a safety razor but I'm starting to think like Shadows Dad that I need to just get her one anyway. ohpaos those are some good looking ladies razors there. I don't see them often on the bay but I'll be looking...

5 1,151
 05-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Very Nice

1 819
 06-01-2013, 09:48 AM
User Info
The pink handled Eversharp is beautiful, I think. Thanks for the photos.

24 1,151
 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info
I used this Lady Eversharp K-3 a few days ago.

it is a regular in my rotation.

[Image: 05-26-2013_sotd_k-3_zps9468ceb8.jpg]

Oh and it came in this really cool pink bling encrusted box

[Image: schick_k-3_box_zps33d89e70.jpg]

6 132
 06-01-2013, 10:05 AM
User Info
Wow, Mike, where did you get that great looking razor?!Clap

75 20,883
 06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
  • Notary
  • Montreal, Quebec
User Info
Nice picture. And I have a Schick like that in my regular rotation, marvelous shaver.

Happy Shaving.

Sam

0 108
 06-01-2013, 12:21 PM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info
(06-01-2013, 10:05 AM)celestino Wrote: Wow, Mike, where did you get that great looking razor?!Clap

That was an eBay find from a few years ago.

The K-3 model has the hydromagic head

[Image: lady_schick_k-3_4_zps96d38368.jpg]

6 132