05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
User Info
Hey Smile

I have become addicted to super lathering lately.

It started with me getting a 50 ml travel size Martin de Candre Unscented sahving soap, and then mixing it with one of my 50-60 shaving creams - and then discvoer that the lather I created from that combo was just SUPER DUPER GREAT Aaaaa

I also tried Ûber lathering, but stll have to figure out what the right amount of glycerin is Blush
Besides I already think a combo of MDC soap and what ever cream will not need any kind of glycerin to the mix, to be quite honest Wink

I Super Lather this way:

1. Pick my brush of the day, wet it then place it in my brush scuttle for 2-3 minutes in warm water.

2. Massage the shaving cream directly into my stubbles, adding a couple of drops of water to lightly lather it up with my fingers.

3. Shake the brush lightly, then dip it in the jar of Martin De Candre Unscented shaving soap swirling it for 20-30 seconds

4. Place the brush on my face and start swirling in circular and then linear motions.

5. Enjoy the lather explosion and the shave Hello

22 5,070
 05-25-2013, 02:03 PM
User Info
MdC is super enough for me. But then again, I don't have a ton of creams that I need to use either. Winky

31 7,914
 05-25-2013, 02:10 PM
User Info
nope.

If it doesn't stand on it's own, I don't use it

8 2,718
 05-25-2013, 02:37 PM
User Info
I mixed soaps and I used glycerine at one time, but mostly now, the answer is "No".

I am currently using a mix of Williams and VdH and while it works great ultralathered I doubt I'll ever use it again when my current puck is gone. The after the shave skin feel is absolutely terrible.

Today I just want good products.

32 6,311
 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
I like super/uber in cycles. Some moments I use them, then leave them alone , then see a post or video that reminds me and then I start again.

I just asked a potter to make a big bowl and I imagine it will be great for such lathers.

15 541
 05-26-2013, 10:42 AM
User Info
(05-25-2013, 02:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: nope.

If it doesn't stand on it's own, I don't use it
This is my thinking also. I want to experience a performing product as it was intended.

31 4,957
 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  • dajmacd
  • Tennessee River Valley
User Info
My normal routine is a cold water shave with Williams face-lathered. As the weather has turned warmer, I've started putting a pea-sized dot of Bigelow on my chin and building the lather from there. It adds a coolness that I really love and may stabilize the lather somewhat. The shave itself is pretty much the same in terms of slickness and cushion.

4 181
 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM
User Info
I find that I get better lather overall, when I use the Martin De Candre soap in combination with a good to great shaving cream - this in a nutshell is why I prefer to Super Lather Smile

Martin De Candre Unscented is the first soap that I have tried that didn't cause my skin to dry out - and the subtle scent in it makes it a great soap to use in Super Lather combo with one of my many shaving creams.
I understand that people want a cream or a soap that just works and delivers, but I just find that out of the 100+ creams I have tried, I never quite found one that had the same slickness of the MDC soap, but I have yet to find a soap that gives me the same quality and volume of lather, a shaving cream will - so therefore I - for now - find that a Super Lather with MDC Unscented and one of my creams gives me a nearly ideal lather and shaving performance !

YMMV of course Wink

22 5,070
 05-26-2013, 04:46 PM
User Info
Claus,
Far be it from me to tell you to do things differently if you're happy with your routine so please don't take this as such. However, I'd say the only thing standing between you and the lather you want from a soap, especially MdC, is more loading time. Cream is very easy to get a lot on your brush quickly. Soap takes more work. I'd double to triple your loading time on MdC & see if you don't get the same type of lather that you're used to from creams.

Bottom line in all of this is to enjoy your shave in whatever way you like best.

Regards!

31 7,914
 05-26-2013, 05:21 PM
User Info
I like to superlather, it takes two products and puts a new twist on them. You can create whole new scents, create crazy amounts of lather, and take two good products and turn them into one awesome product. My favorite is Vitos Extra Super and eShave White Tea, it's amazingly slick, smells great, and provides excellent protection.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM
  • Deano
  • Iowa
User Info
I squirted some Bigelow onto a puck of vintage Watkins. It was the only way I could get a lather out of the Watkins. Other than that, no I dont super lather.

7 898
 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM
User Info
I always "super lather". I wash my face twice with Musgo Real Glyce Lime. Next I add a dollop of shaving cream on one cheek. Then I swirl my soaked and shaken brush onto a shaving soap puck, gather lather/soap and add that to the shave cream on my face and do more swirls and painting.

21 1,478
 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM
User Info
Sometimes I ultra lather and sometimes I hyper lather (two or more soaps during the same shave). Depends on my mood and I do it because I can.

9 1,199
 05-27-2013, 02:23 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Not routinely but I've discovered SRD Sweet Patchouli with a squirt of KMF Peaceful Patchouli is a great shave combo.

12 743
 05-27-2013, 03:10 PM
User Info
I just created a new superlather today, Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorns soap with The Body Shop Maca Root shave cream...AMAZING! These two products created one of the best scents ever, made mountains of copious easy lather, and provided a super slick shaving surface. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327