04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
As I stated in another review thread, I am an Israeli guy who left my country, and before to move to Canada my parents and I were living in Thessaloniki, Greece. The reason for that was because my Dad who is retired since quite a while, was a fur skin dealer and broker as I am today, and it was very convienent for him to operate from Greece, where the fur market was, and still is very strong. Another reason was because Thessaloniki still has a fairly significant Jewish community, and it's the closest city for us to back home. While I was living there, I discovered quite a few very good Greek soaps and creams, and this is one of them.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A pleasure to work with. Great lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Very stable. No problem.

General skincare: 7/10--Fairly good. At least no irritations.

Scent: 8/10--Nice. EXACTLY like C&E Almond. Lilac-like.

Price: 10/10--Sells for so little in Greece.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Yes, I would. Just for the memory of my younger days in Greece.

I get so nostalgic whenever I use this cream, because some of the happiest days of my life were spent in Thessaloniki! My Dad and my Grandpa on my Mom's side of the family used Kolynos also, and I remember my barber at that time, Tasso would also use this cream when he shaved, and when he shaved some of his customers.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
User Info
I am assuming this is not available in the US? I did a quick Google search, and couldn't find it, except on boards like this.

1 223
 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-11-2012, 06:46 PM)cjokrap Wrote: I am assuming this is not available in the US? I did a quick Google search, and couldn't find it, except on boards like this.

No, I don't think so. Sad

3 2,562