05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
User Info
Two new soaps have been added to the website. Descriptions are as follows:

Anise (Essential Oil)

Sweet, sticky, black licorice made with 100% pure Aniseed essential oil. Made with Australian Black clay to pamper your skin.

Ben Franklin
(Essential Oil Blend)

Made with Benzoin, Frankincense, Clove, and Nutmeg essential oils. This soap smells like an older gentleman’s pantaloons at the end of a hot July day in Philadelphia spent drafting important documents with no air conditioner. It’s actually a very unique scent that reminded a few of my testers of a root beer float. An instant favorite.

Also, I have another new soap, but I need some assistance in dialing it in. It is our new version of Coastal that will be replacing the bath soap in the same name. This one is a bit more like the spray from the waves and a bit less like seaweed. The shave soap is made with our Smooth formula, which is fantastic on its own. However, it is my first time working with Cambrian Blue clay, and I need some more feedback on how it works with various styles of lathering, various brushes, and varying water types. Anyone who doesn't mind giving me some feedback, just let me know and I'll throw in a free full size puck for you with your order, along with a free sample size puck of whatever style you would like to try.

Same as always, the soaps are $5 each ($3 for bath soaps) and are available at stirlingsoap.com.

We've also added two new bath soaps. Lilac, and Naked & Smooth, based on the unscented shave soap of the same name containing both Shea and Lanolin.

Thanks,

Rod

0 76
 05-28-2013, 09:00 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I've been hoping for an anise soap, you will surely be getting an order from me tomorrow!

35 1,732
 06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
User Info
I just ordered the Lime, and Orange Chill shaving soaps along with some samples. Rod is a great vendor and I am looking forward to receiving and using the soaps.

Clayton

6 617
 06-25-2013, 08:42 AM
User Info
I like the scents of the Lime and Orange Chill, and the menthol hit you get off the Orange chill is awesome. I'm still trying to dial in the lather as I'm not getting the thick copious lather yet. I need to add more water I think.

Clayton

6 617
 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
User Info
Clayton,

Have you tried it as a mug soap yet? That's the easiest way to dial it in and figure out how much water to use as you can just keep adding and swirling. For me, I put the puck in a wide mouth mug and form it to the bottom. Then when it is time to shave, I fill the mug with warm water then submerge the brush in the mug. I let it soak for a few minutes (2-3) while I take care of other things in my morning routine, then come back and dump all the water out of the mug and allow the brush to drip for a few seconds. Once the brush is not dripping with a steady stream, go to town on the soap. Whip it like you hate it. Don't worry if the proto-lather is a bit airy and bubbly. Building the lather on the soap will take care of this. Just keep whipping and much sooner than you think, the proto lather will form the dense yogurt that I've posted pictures of previously. You may have to add some water along the way, depending on the size of your brush and how fast the water dripped out after you dumped the mug. However, this is the fail safe method for dialing it in, and learning how much you'll need to load to use it in a scuttle or a bowl.

Wow, that is a lot. Sorry, I know that seems like more effort than it is worth, but you won't find a soap that feels as good during and after the shave once you dial it in.

Let me know if you have any more issues or just can't get it to work and we'll work on a replacement product or refund.

Thanks so much -- Rod

0 76
 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
User Info
(06-25-2013, 12:23 PM)ezlovan Wrote: Clayton,

Have you tried it as a mug soap yet? That's the easiest way to dial it in and figure out how much water to use as you can just keep adding and swirling. For me, I put the puck in a wide mouth mug and form it to the bottom. Then when it is time to shave, I fill the mug with warm water then submerge the brush in the mug. I let it soak for a few minutes (2-3) while I take care of other things in my morning routine, then come back and dump all the water out of the mug and allow the brush to drip for a few seconds. Once the brush is not dripping with a steady stream, go to town on the soap. Whip it like you hate it. Don't worry if the proto-lather is a bit airy and bubbly. Building the lather on the soap will take care of this. Just keep whipping and much sooner than you think, the proto lather will form the dense yogurt that I've posted pictures of previously. You may have to add some water along the way, depending on the size of your brush and how fast the water dripped out after you dumped the mug. However, this is the fail safe method for dialing it in, and learning how much you'll need to load to use it in a scuttle or a bowl.

Wow, that is a lot. Sorry, I know that seems like more effort than it is worth, but you won't find a soap that feels as good during and after the shave once you dial it in.

Let me know if you have any more issues or just can't get it to work and we'll work on a replacement product or refund.

Thanks so much -- Rod

Hello Rod,

I'm making lather with the soap in it's round Ziploc container. I'm lathering like I would in a mug. Probably just need more water. It's getting close to being there.

Clayton

6 617
 07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
Next to MWF, Stirling Anise is my favorite soap. Great lather, slick as Mobil 1.

16 541
 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM
User Info
I've got the Stirling Lime dialed in. I just had to switch to my Semogue 1305 and add a little more water. My Semogue 1520 just didn't have enough loft to make the lather I wanted. The 1305 works perfectly. With the triple digit temps today I'll probably lather up the Orange Chill this morning.

Clayton

6 617