05-29-2013, 11:12 AM
User Info
Gents, I wanted it to happen 2 months ago, but it's finally about to be released. When did a release ever happen on schedule? Neither will this one. Now that everyone is totally confused, I'll press on. :-)

It won't be on my website for some time yet so that I can support the retailers who choose to carry it. Right now only Italian Barber stocks it. I hope more will come on line with it soon. Because Italian Barber is the only retailer stocking it (fairness was the reason for the June 1 release date) and no one else can possibly receive their shipment by the 1st if an order is placed today, Joe can begin selling whenever he wishes. So check his site for availability and retail pricing.

The Frostbite story... I make my products, first for me, then I share them with others when I think they're ready. Soon after making my Acadian Spice Bay Rum I decided I wanted a summer "after the shave". I didn't know what I really wanted, but I leaned toward a menthol. It took me 2 years to decide what I wanted it to be, longer still when a supplier of raw materials went out of business, but it's been worth it. The result is better than I ever anticipated.

OK, what is it? The first thing it isn't is an "aftershave". Think of it as an "after the shave". It is not a cologne for the day - none of my products are, but Frostbite even less. After approx 30-40 minutes most of the scent will be greatly reduced or completely gone and your cologne of the day will take over. You don't really want to smell like menthol for the day do you? It does have a scent and different noses catch all or only parts. You'll need to decide what your nose picks up. Some of the scent is there because it intensifies the face freeze and is actually an active ingredient. The menthol component is quite pronounced, but it's short lived; more on that in a bit. I will tell you that it's definitely not a bay rum - it's totally different.

But what IS it!? it is a face freeze. In testing some testers thought it was going to be too strong for lots of folks. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Some folks have also said it gives them tears because it's so strong. But it is extremely cooling; and still quite safe. No one has ever accused me of pussy footing around. Life is too short to play games.

Be sure to shake it immediately before application. It should be milky at application. Apply it to perfectly dry skin, remember it's absolutely loaded with essential oils and wet skin will repel them. It might take a few seconds for the cold to build after application, and about the time you think you can't take any more intensity, it will level out. The sensation is enhanced with an extremely close shave, so aggressive razor users, you'll really get a ride! (I love it!) The cooling sensation has been reported to last for up to 30 minutes, but it tapers off the entire time.

Frostbite is incredible on the skin, better than anything I've ever made previously. Everything my Acadian Spice Bay Rum and 80 Below is noted for is also in Frostbite; and it has much more. It's loaded with large amounts of essential oils; frankincense being one of them. Frankincense isn't inexpensive (I nearly embarassed my undies when I first saw the price!) and it's there in a large amount, not merely a token amount to get it on the list of ingredients. Unfortunately the price reflects it, but it's there for the skin (and other benefits - see the link below) and I won't adulterate it. I don't make products down to a price, but up to a quality and I always will. I know of no other manufacturer using frankincense in the quantity that I'm using it in the Frostbite.

If you obseerve the product through the bottle you'll see the essential oils floating at the top. Be sure to shake it. You don't want a pure slug of them on your face. Shake it to get the proper ratio dispensed.

For those who want to know more about why I insist on including frankincense in the Frostbite, check here. You can read the entire text, but if you cursor all the way down you'll cut to the chase and save time.

[Image: FrostbiteBottle_zpsc18dcf41.jpg]

And even the flask is ready and Italian Barber should have them or be very close to having them on the release date.
[Image: FrostbiteFlask_zps9b05a1fd.jpg]

Italian Barber can ship worldwide and to the US also. When it's available on my website I'll only be able to ship to the US. Sorry.

[Image: mm_logopage_zps5f570cfd.gif]

Edit: Added some stuff, changed some.

32 6,308
 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM
User Info
For those who have been waiting.

Frostbite is now for sale!

http://www.italianbarber.com/new-products

After sampling this amazing formula for the last few weeks, I can easily say it's in my personal top 3 aftershave splashes... and I've tried most of them. Brian hit the ball out of the park with this one!

3 315
 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Outstanding news Brian! Congratulations on bringing this fantastic product to market.
No doubt that this will be another hit for you.

Gents, I was privileged to be part of the testing group for Frostbite and all I can say is tht this stuff delivers exactly what Brian mentions. I have been very stingy on the use of my tester bottles as I did not know when this stuff was going to be sold, fortunately I no longer have to wait.

If you're looking for a splash but with characteristics of a soothing, non greasy balm with a huge menthol blast then this is the product for you! I don't like balms cause I tend to have oily skin and I live and work in South Florida and Central America so the humidity levels are always sky high. This stuff is easily absorbed and all is left behind is a soothing, refreshed and moisturized face.

45 708
 05-29-2013, 06:11 PM
User Info
Congrats to Brian for a successful (though delayed as all releases are) launch of this new product. I personally have a few different menthol variations from Brian along with plenty of the Acadian Spice Bay Rum. These two formulas give me all I need for variety while both performing better than anything else I've ever tried. Everything mentioned above I can only second, or third or +whatever. The test bottle that is closest to this actual release was definitely the best thing fort skin after the shave. The Frankinsence really makes a difference.

31 7,912
 05-30-2013, 06:42 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I am very excited about this....

14 1,177
 05-30-2013, 08:20 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great news. Wishing you success with your new product.

1 3,507
 05-30-2013, 08:55 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Congrats Brian! All I can add is my experiences with his aftershaves, both the Finest and the Frostbite version have been nothing but positive. Fantastic skin care properties and I REALLY, really love the scent of both. Order incoming!!

14 870
 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Brian, and good luck!Biggrin

75 20,884
 05-30-2013, 03:22 PM
User Info
All I can say after using Krampert's bay rum and Frostbite as well as test bottles....buy them already!

47 1,270
 05-30-2013, 03:36 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Just when I thought I had everything I needed, BAM! Here comes Brian with a new product line. I will add this to my list when I make my next Bay Rum purchase.

173 23,480
 05-30-2013, 10:57 PM
User Info
Order placed with IB! I can't wait, love the smell of Frankincense. Can anybody who tested it tell me what it smells like to them? Or is it just a Frankincense/menthol smell?

2 805
 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM
User Info
(05-30-2013, 10:57 PM)sunflake Wrote: Order placed with IB! I can't wait, love the smell of Frankincense. Can anybody who tested it tell me what it smells like to them? Or is it just a Frankincense/menthol smell?

Well to my old nose I got a Grapefruit like scent which i am assuming is the Frankincense?

All I can say is that the smell is the most pleasant smell of a highly mentholated product I have ever experienced. Alt Innsbruck is my favorite smelling mentholated product but it is nowhere near as mentholated.

This stuff is five stars all the way. I haven't found anything close to it without using a balm along with a splash. Goes great with any cologne I would use in the heat of the summer.

Your face will thank you!!!!

6 1,224
 05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
User Info
I was one of the testers and I have to say that its fantastic. I also had the "80 Below" product that Brian had a limited release of last year, and the tester product which became Frostbite is an improvement. It is very moisturizing but also delivers a great menthol blast.

The Frankincense scent is a really beguiling scent; it is woodsy, and pine-y, but also a little sweet and lemon-y. In short its a great scent summertime scent (I have memories of going camping as a kid at Sebago Lake in Maine and smelling pine trees everywhere).

Plus, with Brian's reputation, you know that all the ingredients are going to be top-shelf material.

72 1,405
 05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
User Info
Thanks guys!

Josh, I tell people about the smell of the state of Maine, just a few miles after crossing the bridge at Kittery, and I think that they think I'm nuts. But if I'm away for a day or more and then come back into the state, I can smell our pines so distinctly. In a short time my nose is acclimated and I no longer smell it, but when I get that scent I truly know that I'm home. If it's on a cold winter night the stars are just so bright and so many, compared to where I've been in the south. Well, that's another sign that I'm home. Very powerful emotions. I pop in Classical Schooner Fare at that time and about the time that The Atlantic Suite comes on I'm heading out of Portland (nice homey sort of city, big enough, yet not too big) and I have possibly 80 miles more to my door. Those are more powerful emotions, especially The Atlantic Suite.

32 6,308
 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
User Info
Congrats Brian on the new release!

6 323
 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
User Info
Just received the Frostbite in the mail today! Will use later this evening and see how it goes.

2 805
 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM
User Info
Just tried the Frostbite, the smell as has been mentioned reminds me of Pine but not just the tree smell it smells like pine sap, (stronger more concentrated pine) and Peppermint Lifesavers candy. Which I know is the menthol. I don't smell any citrus though. Breathing through my nose I have that cold spot in the back of my throat. It's cold on the face but not overly cold. No sting to the splash that I noticed. Man this stuff reminds me of a cold night in the pines with a campfire going. It does smell great though. I do love outdoors smells.

2 805
 06-04-2013, 08:14 AM
User Info
Patrick, you nailed it IMO. I gave serious consideration to naming it "Stopping by Woods" an obvious connection to the poem and it's words.

Other than the mint, which is an active ingredient, I've smelled that scent and gotten that face feel every time I'm in the forest in the winter. In spades when I'm cutting fir.

32 6,308
 06-04-2013, 08:32 AM
User Info
I was Frostbitten again this morning...and loved it. Patrick, I struggle with scents and your take on it was quite nice. Now that I think about it, Frostbite is precisely what I have dreamed about in a shave soap: triple-milled, made from scratch, piney, menthol and with the top-notch skin care.

Might I suggest another artisan collaboration?!

47 1,270
 06-04-2013, 10:43 AM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
When will Frostbite be available on the Kramperts website?

16 541