05-29-2013, 07:13 PM
User Info
Hi guys, does anyone has any input on this brush, in best badger of course. It caught my eye since it is very good looking, but I would like to read some pros and cons.

10 605
 05-31-2013, 03:59 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
The Classic 2 is an excellent brush. It is nicely packed so it has good backbone although it does splay out a bit; but definitely not floppy. Simpsons best badger has always been an excellent type of hair and it is the same with my Classic 2. It is a smallish brush IMHO. In fact, I also have a Classic 1 but do not use it b/c it is too small. In my experience, the Classic 2 is similar to my Chubby 1 2-band with respect to size, and is clearly an equal performer for face-lathering. So, pull the trigger if you are not married to big brushes, and you won't be sorry.

1 686
 05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
  • vpayne
  • Missouri
User Info
I used mine this morning and I'll tell you honestly, I had forgotten how good it is.
It is denser and soft, yet firmer than my duke 3. I was going to sell both to TSN members, but I think I will keep my Classic 2. I think it is amazing. Now, the down side; it gets soap all over the handle and my hand when face lathering because the handle is short. If you can live with that, (which I will) you will be good to go. It produced a huge 4 pass amount of lather for me today using DRHarris Arlington soap. FYI, It performs like a larger brush except for the shorter handle.....Good luck....

32 357
 05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
The Classic 2 is one of my favorite brushes...IMO it's even better than the Chubby 1 and I own several of those as well. I enjoy this brush so much that I had Mark at Simpsons make me a custom version with their 3-band super in addition to the Best model I already have. Incredible performing brushes for face lathering soaps and creams...Below is a recent SOTD pic with my custom Classic 2.

[Image: IyM7p2f.jpg]

45 708
 05-31-2013, 10:35 PM
User Info
That's quite an endorsement, Greg. And a neat, custom Classic!

47 1,270
 06-01-2013, 11:27 PM
User Info
I just picked one up and I love it. My particular brush is EXTREMELY soft and has very light tips for simpson best - I can barely detect any scritch and it feels just about as soft as my polo 8 super.

The handle is quite comfortable - very similar to the Duke 2 handle, but it is of course significantly denser than the Duke series.

I really wish simpson would expand the classic series a bit - it's extraordinarily dense - but not overkill like the Chubby series.

If you're interested in a cost effective brush for face lathering with excellent control and a moderate knot, the Classic 2 is hard to beat.

8 124
 06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
User Info
Sounds fair enough, I might give it a go

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M usando Tapatalk 2

10 605