05-30-2013, 06:22 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Up for sale today are some really nice items, if I don't mind saying so! All prices include CONUS shipping via USPS Priority Mail (with delivery confirmation). The Rooney will also include insurance. For international buyers, I will split shipping costs, if they cost more than the flat-rate Priority Mail rates. Payment via Paypal.

(1) Rooney Finest Style 1, Size 2 in faux horn.

24mm knot/51mm loft. I purchased this incredible brush from our very own Ben74 back in March and I anticipated it being the only brush I would ever need. And since March, it really has been. However, and it kills me, it is just too large for me. No other brush I have used (and I have used every brush under the sun but recent Simpson's Manchurians) retains as much water and therefore makes lathering a breeze. It is pillow soft when dry, and does have some Finest "signature" skritchiness when wet, but its a unique experience. Because of the nature of the Finest bristles, I've found that it does not need to be as dense to achieve the same results as a brush twice its density, and therefore the flow-through is unparalleled.

I purchased this brush for $260, and so I think it would be fair to sell for that price: $260. This includes USPS Priority Mail with Insurance. SOLD! Thanks TSN!

(2) CJB non-folding kamisori style replaceable blade straight.

This is essentially a lower-end version of the Feather Artist Club non-folding straight. And the only reason I'm selling this is because I have "graduated" to the AC. The CJB though does everything the AC does, but at a fraction of the price.

I learned how to use a straight using this and some Kai Milds with Guards. Now I use the AC with Professional blades and a real straight. So I can say with confidence that the CJB with the Mild Guards can be good "training" wheels for learning how to use a straight (either "real" or Feather AC), but while also providing excellent shaves.

I am including a blade pack of your choice: Feather Professionals, Kai Milds, or Kai Milds with Guards. Each of these have been used (I think the Professionals and Kai Milds have 19 blades remaining each and the Guards have 13 remaining). I purchased the CJB for $43, and the blades for $20 (I inherited the Supers and the Kais without guards). I don't have the box, so I figured a good price would be $30. (And if you really want to include another blade pack, I could be persuaded to add them at no extra cost). SOLD! Thanks LouSee and TSN!

As always, please feel free to comment on my prices in this thread. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

And thanks for looking,
Josh

72 1,407
 05-30-2013, 08:50 AM
User Info
That's a beautiful brush. It's too bad you have to sell it, but someone is going to be very happy indeed.

185 12,010
 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM
User Info
Nice! Cannot stand the scritch though...

31 1,559
 05-30-2013, 10:25 AM
User Info
(05-30-2013, 08:50 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: That's a beautiful brush. It's too bad you have to sell it, but someone is going to be very happy indeed.

Yeah, its taken some soul-searching to put this up. I recently got an Emilion 1 and its just such a perfect brush for me, and I at least try to only have "go to" brush. Having a Finest for me is like taking my kids to day care in a Ferrari.

72 1,407
 05-30-2013, 07:10 PM
User Info
surprised it's still here. 260 is a great price for the 1/2. wish i had the funds for a backup. my favorite brush

8 118
 05-31-2013, 06:32 AM
User Info
SOLD! Thanks everyone! Mods, please archive.

72 1,407