04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Anyone ever work with someone who makes custom brush handles? I'm going through all the things to get ready for my wedding in December and I'm thinking I want to do a shave kit as the Groomsmen gifts. They will be my brother, who I have already converted to wet shaving, and a long time friend, who I've been working on converting for a while. I'd like to do 3 custom brush handles using the wedding colors, one for me and one for each of them. I'm not too concerned about hair right now, since I've done several re-knots and I'm confident I can put the knot in myself. They have to look just as nice as they work, just in case the guys choose not to use them. Any suggestions?

1 73
 04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
User Info
Sounds like a great idea.

I would PM 'Beejay' on here. He creates some amazing handles and is very skilled. I have 2 myself and finalised another last night.

7 1,179
 04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-11-2012, 09:49 PM)MrGuy Wrote: Anyone ever work with someone who makes custom brush handles?...

Hi Andy

I can highly recommend Rod_Neep, take a look here...

I don't have the handles in my hands yet (my mum will be bring them over next month when she visits), so can't comment first-hand at this time on the workmanship, material, etc, but Rod was an absolute pleasure to do business with and has made the exact two handles I wanted...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
User Info
(04-11-2012, 09:49 PM)MrGuy Wrote: Anyone ever work with someone who makes custom brush handles? I'm going through all the things to get ready for my wedding in December and I'm thinking I want to do a shave kit as the Groomsmen gifts. They will be my brother, who I have already converted to wet shaving, and a long time friend, who I've been working on converting for a while. I'd like to do 3 custom brush handles using the wedding colors, one for me and one for each of them. I'm not too concerned about hair right now, since I've done several re-knots and I'm confident I can put the knot in myself. They have to look just as nice as they work, just in case the guys choose not to use them. Any suggestions?

Definitely either Rod or Beejay - both top notch brush makers.

Gary

0 213
 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Thanks a bunch guys! Looks like I have two great handle makers in my radar. Now I just have to decide what I want them to look like. I have some ideas, but I'd like to get the input of the handle turners as well. I'll be sure to post the results when I figure it all out.

1 73
 04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
  • HCB
User Info
(04-12-2012, 05:25 PM)MrGuy Wrote: Thanks a bunch guys! Looks like I have two great handle makers in my radar. Now I just have to decide what I want them to look like. I have some ideas, but I'd like to get the input of the handle turners as well. I'll be sure to post the results when I figure it all out.

I am sure Beejay does nice work. I have one of Rodneys custom brushes and its a fabulous handle and knot!

1 34
 04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
User Info
+1 Beejay he is real Gentleman.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 369
 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
User Info
+1 for Beejay. I'm a new customer of his and can't say enough great things about him and his brushes.

9 1,199
 04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
  • Amzimbo
  • Smooth as a fresh shaven diplomat
  • New Jersey and Mozambique
User Info
Rudy Vey is great as well. Not sure where you are, but Rudy is in New Jersey, which might make things simpler.

5 83