06-02-2013, 07:15 AM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
So...I spend a lot of time traveling with my job and when I have downtime in the evenings, a certain amount of my time is spent cruising the various shaving forums. Every now and then I get "bit" with the urge to buy something that to be honest, I didn't even know that I needed. I assume this is the type of "impulse" that makes HSN and QVC so successful.

In any event - since I've bought up just about every SS razor I could get my hands on, my attention - for better or for worse - recently turned to soaps. So...when I get home next weekend, I should have the following waiting on me (as if I didn't have enough soap already).

-TOBS Sandalwood, 70% remaining 100 grams
-Theirs Issard Eucayptus Romarin 70 grams - new
-2 Sticks of La Toja 50 x 2 = 100 grams - new
-Tabac puck x 2 - 250 grams - new
-Klar Seifen: 30 grams 85%
-Martin de Candre (regular) - 200 grams - new
-Martin de Candre (regular) - 95%
-Martin de Candre (regular) - 80%
-Martin de Candre (fougere) - 90%
-Panna Crema - Namaste - 95%
-Panna Crema - Vetiver - new
-Prairie Creations - Faux MdC (as if having 4 of the real MdC weren't enough)

The problem with B/S/T is that when something comes up at a decent price, you almost feel "obligated" to consider buying it. It doesn't matter if you need it or not, it's just a good deal and you really need to "grab" it while you can. I'm considering some sort of therapy, good grief! Undecided

Any comments regarding any of the above soaps would be great. I have La Toja and Tabac already and like them a lot. I'm hopeful the others will work out as well.

29 466
 06-02-2013, 07:26 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Think positive. You will have the only MdC store in Clearwater, FL. Biggrin

173 23,289
 06-02-2013, 05:04 PM
User Info
Hi Tom,

Awesome additions there! Biggrin

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on all of them. Congrats on scoring so many bottles of Martin De Candre! Smile

3 270
 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM
User Info
Enjoy the new soaps Tom, even if you didn't "need" them.

63 2,125
 06-02-2013, 06:52 PM
User Info
Yes, enjoy them, Tom. Those are some fine soaps, to be sure.

47 1,270
 06-02-2013, 07:18 PM
User Info
Sounds like fun and like Christmas in June.

32 6,301
 11-18-2014, 09:08 AM
User Info
I don't travel often, but I have my DE traveling kit ready when the trip involves checked baggage. I would love to do carry-on without the blades, but my experience is that there are never any good DE blades available when I reach my destination. I have left a small cache of blades at my sister's in California, and I may consider doing the same thing at a few of my more frequent travel destinations.
I usually fly carry-on, and I've found that the Bic METAL single blade disposable razors are my favorite. Sadly, they seem to be out of production, but I was fortunate enough to find a 5 pack of 5 each on ebay. When these 25 are gone, I will probably have to resort to my backup product; Bic yellow single blade disposables. I also like the half size travel tube of Bigelow green made by Proraso.
The only other razor that seems like a contender for single blade cartridge travel razor that the TSA won't confiscate is the Gillette GUARD razor. I've not shaved with one yet, but I've read some rave reviews.

5 394