04-12-2012, 06:51 AM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

Today, after a long waiting and searching period, I had the chance to try a new soap from Turkey; Füme. Füme soap comes in two scents, cool and lavender. I didn't try the cool one, but lavender is one nice soap.

Some might say the plastic package is a little cheesy, and I understand them, but it's not bad;

[Image: 4cgkt.jpg]

And the ingredients list:

[Image: 4cglx.jpg]

The smell is a nice lavender reminiscent of T&H lavender SC. It has a soft, relaxing and subtle scent, a pleasure to smell. Füme is in the class of soap-creams or croaps. It is softer than arko in the room temperature, but harder than a shaving cream. The performance is great, simply great! It has a protective, slick and stable lather. And a little soap goes a long way.

[Image: 4cgtg.jpg]

The 'myth of Füme soap' has been much talked about in Turkish wet shaving forum http://www.geltir.com. We've been searching everywhere to get our hands on the soap. We could only obtain the soap right from the factory, it is not in the markets yet. But according to the authorized person that we've contacted, they're releasing the product in Turkish market anyday now. And he told me that they have made an agreement with an USA online shop. I think after Arko, Füme can be the second well known Turkish soap in the market.

P.S: Füme is the color of smoke in Turkish, not fume in English.

4 365
 04-12-2012, 06:59 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Looks like the soap could be a winner.

1 3,507
 04-12-2012, 07:26 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Where do you buy your other Turkish products, Burak?

35 2,703
 04-12-2012, 07:30 AM
User Info
(04-12-2012, 07:26 AM)texbilly Wrote: Where do you buy your other Turkish products, Burak?

Mostly from supermarkets & malls. There are some online shops but I am not pleased with them. But for this soap, I had to contact the factory.

4 365
 04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
User Info
Nice posting. I wonder who they are working with in the US.

1 223
 04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Sounds like a natural fit for Shave-A-Buck to me.

10 1,858
 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM
User Info
I noticed Best Shave has a Fume soap listed on their storefront:

http://shop.bestshave.net/f%C3%83%C2%9Bm...p-181.html

0 252
 04-12-2012, 09:43 AM
User Info
My pallet of Fume lavender and regular will land tommorow. The only reason they make Lavender is because of me, I ordered it. I also will order menthol and lemon next if it does well. Monday I should pick up the pallet.

5 273
 04-12-2012, 09:49 AM
User Info
(04-12-2012, 09:43 AM)Shave a Buck Wrote: My pallet of Fume lavender and regular will land tommorow. The only reason they make Lavender is because of me, I ordered it. I also will order menthol and lemon next if it does well. Monday I should pick up the pallet.

Thanks to you for the lavender then! My contact also told the same thing. You know what, even if we 100+ guys at Turkish forum wanted them to make lavender they would not! But it is a great soap indeed, it will be big.

4 365
 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
User Info
They make a great aftr shave that is vaseline based. Not sure how it would do so I did not bring it in this time. Next pallet perhaps. I do believe he included some on the one and if so I will offer it for sale as a trial.

5 273
 04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
User Info
I tried 'cool after shave balm', I think that's what you're talking about. It's a nice masculine smell, good moisturizer. It has a 250ml huge bottle.

4 365
 04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
User Info
That was my issue with it too. At that size it is way to heavy to ship in the mail. They offered to make a 100ml for me and if I do it then it will be that size. Also too much product, people will have it forever. I asked them for a tube as well, we will see.

Since they made the lavender for me I was reluctant to order the menthol and lemon untill the lavender arrived. I was not sure how the new scent or formula would work out and was fearful of being stuck with too much product no one would want. I was only able to have the cool in my sample box.

The shave gel and brushless creams are great too. Nice pump bottle.

5 273
 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
User Info
I haven't tried gels and brushless creams, but again the soap is something else..

4 365
 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-12-2012, 07:30 AM)staggerlee Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 07:26 AM)texbilly Wrote: Where do you buy your other Turkish products, Burak?

Mostly from supermarkets & malls. There are some online shops but I am not pleased with them. But for this soap, I had to contact the factory.

Burak, it sounds very, very interesting. I was also wondering about the "Cool" version. I also noticed an "Ice Mint" version of Arko. Do you know anything about it? The reason I ask is because I love mentholated stuff, and I saw it on http://www.geltir.com. I can read Turkish and understand it quite well, but I can no longer speak it fluently because it has been 25 years or longer since I spoke it regularly. Otherwise I join that group.

3 2,562
 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Nice review Burak.

Thanks for posting the information up.

Hopefully it will become available in the UK at some time in the near future. Smile

32 638
 04-12-2012, 04:33 PM
User Info
We ship anywhere!!

Cool is not a menthol for this product. That is why I will order a menthol and lemon version next if it lives up to the review and does well which I am certain it will. I truly like it and I am a creamer

Ice mint from Arko is not in the states yet to my knowing. I wonder about it to since they already had a menthol version. I believe Ice Mint was a liquid splash cologne or after shave they had out at least a year back or more.

5 273
 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
(04-12-2012, 04:33 PM)Shave a Buck Wrote: We ship anywhere!!

Cool. Smile

32 638
 04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-12-2012, 04:33 PM)Shave a Buck Wrote: We ship anywhere!!

Cool is not a menthol for this product. That is why I will order a menthol and lemon version next if it lives up to the review and does well which I am certain it will. I truly like it and I am a creamer

Ice mint from Arko is not in the states yet to my knowing. I wonder about it to since they already had a menthol version. I believe Ice Mint was a liquid splash cologne or after shave they had out at least a year back or more.

Joe, the Arko Moist is the "so-called" menthol version. Although this cream is a terrific latherer, the menthol effect is barely noticeable, and it tends to leave me with dry skin. I eventually want to try this Füme soap.

3 2,562
 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM
User Info
(04-12-2012, 03:54 PM)JAYDEE Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 07:30 AM)staggerlee Wrote:

Burak, it sounds very, very interesting. I was also wondering about the "Cool" version. I also noticed an "Ice Mint" version of Arko. Do you know anything about it? The reason I ask is because I love mentholated stuff, and I saw it on http://www.geltir.com. I can read Turkish and understand it quite well, but I can no longer speak it fluently because it has been 25 years or longer since I spoke it regularly. Otherwise I join that group.

Jeff, cool version, as far as I've heard, is a toned down (smell-wise) version of the lavender, is not mentholated. I have ice mint, not tried yet, I will try it and will post a review for you. I am glad you visited http://www.geltir.com, is a nice -and only one- forum about traditional wet shaving in Turkish.
Görüşmek üzere! (see you later)

4 365
 04-13-2012, 03:35 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(04-12-2012, 08:05 PM)staggerlee Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 03:54 PM)JAYDEE Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 07:30 AM)staggerlee Wrote: Mostly from supermarkets & malls. There are some online shops but I am not pleased with them. But for this soap, I had to contact the factory.

Jeff, cool version, as far as I've heard, is a toned down (smell-wise) version of the lavender, is not mentholated. I have ice mint, not tried yet, I will try it and will post a review for you. I am glad you visited http://www.geltir.com, is a nice -and only one- forum about traditional wet shaving in Turkish.
Görüşmek üzere! (see you later)

Teşekkürler, arkadaşım!

3 2,562