06-06-2013, 07:59 PM
User Info
Has anyone tried these soaps? http://stropshoppe.com/ They caught my eye, but seems that they are too good to be true. Pros? Cons?

10 605
 06-06-2013, 09:19 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I have two scents, both part of the Special Edition line w/ tallow. The performance is great, and I really like the scents.

There have been what seem like a lot of posts/reports of shipping and communications issues. I haven't heard of anyone not getting their problem eventually resolved, however.

10 1,858
 06-06-2013, 09:24 PM
User Info
Leisureguy recently reported that the proprietor has a day job and demand has mushroomed, outstripping capacity and administrative support. However, the products are said to be wonderful and well worth waiting for.

15 316
 06-07-2013, 01:51 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Her soaps are fantastic. I've been impressed with everyone that I've tried.

45 3,955
 06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
User Info
I bought a couple of samples from tgutc. The Black Tie set my face on fire. I haven't tried the Baker Street yet.

15 762
 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Here's another thread about this product:

I have their special edition with tallow soap in both Barbershoppe and Black Tie. I like both but prefer the scent of Barbershoppe. Neither has caused any skin reaction, and I thought I had sensitive skin as Musgo Real cream, TOBS avocado, and a few others irritate my skin.

This soap has more the consistency of a hard cream. It is softer even than croaps like Cella, XXX, or QCS. It loads onto the brush easily and whips into a rich, slick, almost buttery lather with little effort. It has tremendous skin care properties and provides an outstanding shave. I need more experience with it, but my early impression is that it is the best artisan soap I have used.

If you are concerned about customer service, then order it directly from an online vendor. I see it for sale at Shave Nation. If you order directly from Strop Shoppe, come at it with these expectations: your emails may not always be answered right away, and your order probably won't ship for 7-10 days after you place it. But they will answer your emails when they can get to them, and you will eventually receive your order, usually in 2 weeks. I read it here before I ordered, and now I'll repeat it - Strop Shoppe soap is worth the wait.

43 1,682
 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM
  • TRBeck
  • Unregistered
User Info
Andrew, good to know, as I am one who gave up waiting. Perhaps I should've held out. I'll give 'em a try at some point.