02-10-2015, 03:48 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I like to use a preshave, to moisturize while I prep for lathering. When I finished a jar of Santa Maria Novella Pre/Dopo Barba, I replaced it with Myrsol Emulsion. I think it does make a difference with the shave. I prefer the scent of the SMN product, but I like the way the Myrsol goes on. When I finish up this bottle, I'll likely move on to something else, just for variety.

Andrew

43 1,698
 06-10-2015, 12:45 PM
  • HarryO
  • FLA, USA.
User Info
I just got a bottle and used it as a pre shave. I liked it and it provided me with that glide that sets up my beard and cool feeling. Again, it was only my first shave. Before that I used Alt Innsbruck as a pre shave and that too did the job. I give the scent edge to Myrsol.

21 463
 06-10-2015, 12:56 PM
User Info
I haven't used the emulsion pre-shave, but I really like the soothing, cooling feel post-shave. Good product. I hope to try other Myrsol products eventually.

39 3,919
 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
I tried the Emulsion as a pre-shave and it did not seem to make much of a difference to me.  I love it as an ASB however and it is my go to.  The bottle lasts forever!

15 187
 06-11-2015, 02:05 AM
User Info
I have found it quite helpful as a preshave when using a shavette.

8 916
 06-12-2015, 05:00 PM
User Info
I use it as a pre-shave everyday. In my opinion it does make a difference for the better. The emulsion does a good job of buying me time to create my lather while it also conditions my skin for a closer shave. As a side note I use the Myrsol Agua Balsamica as my premier post-shave. I have been on the hunt to dethrone Myrsol and my latest acquisition was Alt Innsbruck. I still prefer the Myrsol products above all else. I believe Myrsol is a product line that I will use for the remainder of my life.

0 237
 01-27-2017, 10:26 AM
User Info
(02-03-2015, 02:52 AM)Rory1262 Wrote: I also intend to shave with it, which is actually the first indication listed on the bottle.

That was me almost two years ago, and I still haven't conducted this experiment.
That's about to change. Tomorrow the SOTD will be an injector with Emulsión...y nada más.

8 916
 01-28-2017, 09:41 AM
User Info
(01-27-2017, 10:26 AM)Rory1262 Wrote:
(02-03-2015, 02:52 AM)Rory1262 Wrote: I also intend to shave with it, which is actually the first indication listed on the bottle.

That was me almost two years ago, and I still haven't conducted this experiment.
That's about to change. Tomorrow the SOTD will be an injector with Emulsión...y nada más.

The results were good. After a steam and shower in the gym, I applied the Emulsión and went to work.
I was able to do two passes with the I1 Schick without reapplying product.
It wasn't perfect -- though it might have been if I used a little more for a third pass. (I did re-apply post-shave.)

It's not as much fun and luxury as the full ritual with brush, soap, etc.
However, if you want to get out the door quickly in comfort and safety, this'll work.

8 916
 01-28-2017, 09:47 AM
User Info
Interesting. I've been lingering on the same trial. Once I attempted to do a third pass using Emulsión only, but my skin had absorbed almost all of it after shaving one cheeck only. My skin felt great thow.  
How much product did you use for one pass?

8 1,127
 01-28-2017, 01:24 PM
User Info
Not much. Diameter of a nickel, small pool in the center of my palm. Good for two passes w/o reapplying.

8 916
 02-01-2017, 06:32 AM
User Info
Before I got into DE shaving and making my own lather from soaps or creams, I was using a cartridge razor and Cremo.  I bought a couple of bottles of Myrsol as a pre-shave based on multiple good reviews.  Meh.  It's OK.  I'm lukewarm on the minimal scent but I guess it adds a bit of slickness to the first pass.  Just for the heck of it, one day I prepped with a small dab of Cremo and found it much superior.  It's less expensive too.  Going forward, I'll probably finish off the Myrsol, but won't buy more.

14 142
 03-11-2017, 01:14 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(06-07-2013, 07:36 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well sir, that is not my collection.  Those belong to the good Dr. over in Spain.  However, I do have quite a few of those and my two favorites are the Blue and F/Extra.

I have a funny story about the Myrsol Blue.  One of my little girls, when she was just two, was obsessed with the colour blue.  She insisted that everything be blue.  Well, the sister who was closest to her age, but, was a few years older, loved the colour green.  They, of course, made me get blue, and, green aftershave, and, cologne.  Blue aftershave, and, green cologne.  Anyway, the younger one insisted I use Myrsol Blue, because it was blue, and, said 'blue' on it.  But, then she ran away from me, because the blue aftershave was stinky.  She refused to even consider the possibility of choosing another aftershave for me to wear.  She simply said that I should stay away from her until the smell wore off.

1 589
 03-17-2017, 08:48 AM
User Info
I did not feel any change... but after shave it is big difference and simply the winner.

1 54
 03-17-2017, 10:52 AM
User Info
I use Emulsion as a pre-shave nearly every day.

0 173
 03-24-2017, 08:01 PM
  • Nonick
  • Straight razor
  • Australia
User Info
I've never used it to shave or as a post shave but it's great as a pre shave. Adds a light cooling to any soap and doesn't interfere with the scent. I still like the drying splash as a post though. Alcohol and menthol! It's the go. Antesol is the best, F extra is also great.

0 51