06-07-2013, 04:46 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Creed Bois du Portugal on a rainy blustery day is just the ticket to brighten things up. This is my first time using BdP even though it was purchased with several others from a friend who buys everything from Niemen Marcus near where he works. It is very nice and will be interesting to see how it lasts today.

[Image: 0S6VcVx.jpg]

For some reason I cannot figure out how to get pictures on TSN anymore. Sorry, the old way worked because the pictures were on my computer screen and it was easy to up load them. The insert image button never seems to work for me.

11 303
 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Fixed it for you. Shy

Wonderful scent - very old school but it still works very well in many settings for me. Then again, I'll splash on scents any time, any place - just for me. Cool Enjoy BdP - a true classic!

35 2,703
 06-07-2013, 07:57 AM
User Info
I'm still using occasionally and sparingly the sample Creed EdTs that I got from you, Doug. I love their scents, but my skin just doesn't tolerate them well, so I end up with just a tiny spritz behind each ear, where it's less sensitive, and a few sprays on my shirt collar. The Silver Mountain Water is a favorite of both me and my wife. I haven't tried the BdP and probably never will, I guess. Is it at all like the Penhaligon's Douro?

184 12,003
 06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Thanks Billy, I have to learn how to do that with the new format. Doug

(06-07-2013, 04:46 AM)river1 Wrote: Creed Bois du Portugal on a rainy blustery day is just the ticket to brighten things up. This is my first time using BdP even though it was purchased with several others from a friend who buys everything from Niemen Marcus near where he works. It is very nice and will be interesting to see how it lasts today.

[Image: 0S6VcVx.jpg]

For some reason I cannot figure out how to get pictures on TSN anymore. Sorry, the old way worked because the pictures were on my computer screen and it was easy to up load them. The insert image button never seems to work for me.

John, there is nothing wrong with applying the EdT to your collar and that was the old way to wear it...Miss Manners? The BdP is different than the others, seems to last, and is quite nice IMHO which means that my wife likes it. She did not like the C & Speake, however and I have both the EdP and the soap dish.

(06-07-2013, 07:57 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I'm still using occasionally and sparingly the sample Creed EdTs that I got from you, Doug. I love their scents, but my skin just doesn't tolerate them well, so I end up with just a tiny spritz behind each ear, where it's less sensitive, and a few sprays on my shirt collar. The Silver Mountain Water is a favorite of both me and my wife. I haven't tried the BdP and probably never will, I guess. Is it at all like the Penhaligon's Douro?

11 303
 06-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  • TRBeck
  • Unregistered
User Info
I'm ashamed to admit that BdP is one classic I haven't really tried. I spritzed it at a shop once, but have never worn it. I know it's quality juice; it's just never made it into the sample vial list when I have ordered. Is it still of high quality or has it been cheaper out a bit like so many classics?

06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
It is excellent and in the top three Creeds of my rotation which includes eight. Obviously way too many. For some reason the BDP is the one favorite that most of the folks on these Forums seem to pick over the rest. After Creed went up on prices earlier, some of our EDT acquisition groupies indicated that it was the only one which they would continue to buy.

11 303
 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM
User Info
Out of the many Creed scents I've tried Creed Bois du Portugal is the one I least liked, Creed Tabarome is without doubt my favourite, Neroli Sauvage and original santal in that order, wonderful scents, there is many more from their range I would love to try, only down side they are pretty expensive.

Jamie

5 1,805
 06-14-2013, 03:48 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I have owned about 10 Creed scents, and this one stands out as my personal favorite. It is such a classic scent, and I have not encountered a similar fragrance. My wife has told me on one occasion that it smells great and on another that it was meh. So I have stopped asking her opinion, since it seems to change. Unless a fragrance really offends her (i.e., a very negative, unsolicited reaction), I just wear what I like.

43 1,690
 06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Thanks Andrew, the top three for me seem to change over time. Right now the other two in favor are Himalaya and Green Irish Tweed. Last night I wore a Guerlain Vetiver which my wife did not like at the start of the evening but commented that it was wonderful at the end of the evening....guess that puts a finer point on your observation.

11 303
 06-14-2013, 04:37 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
The Creeds I currently enjoy wearing are BdP, Royal English Leather, and Tabarome.

Guerlain Vetiver is good stuff. Thank goodness your wife eventually approved it!

43 1,690
 06-14-2013, 05:33 AM
User Info
(06-14-2013, 04:27 AM)river1 Wrote: Thanks Andrew, the top three for me seem to change over time. Right now the other two in favor are Himalaya and Green Irish Tweed. Last night I wore a Guerlain Vetiver which my wife did not like at the start of the evening but commented that it was wonderful at the end of the evening....guess that puts a finer point on your observation.

3 things could cause this :

1. Your skin heated up or down, which in turn changes how Guerlain Vetiver smelled on you
2. Guerlain Vetiver is not linear, it starts out very citrussi, then turns up for the tobacco. Maybe your wife liked the mid and base notes of Guerlain Vetiver more than the top notes
3. Your wife has a schizoid sense of smell Wink

22 5,055
 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
Good observations, all, Claus..24

11 303
 06-21-2013, 06:42 AM
User Info
One of my favorites.

3 52
 06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
(06-14-2013, 04:37 AM)Andrew Wrote: The Creeds I currently enjoy wearing are BdP, Royal English Leather, and Tabarome.

Me, too - for BdP and Royal English Leather.

6 235