06-07-2013, 11:15 AM
User Info
Does anyone have any experience with Dreadnought blades?
[Image: Dreadnought_Double_Edge_Razor_Blades_-_10_Blades.jpg]

I've only seen these only RazorsDirect so far but haven't tried them. They're priced in a similar tier with Feather blades.
I'm wondering if these are another blade brand repackaged, like some store brands.

10 2,062
 06-07-2013, 11:36 AM
User Info
I have no experience but that looks like a Feather package.

72 1,407
 06-07-2013, 11:42 AM
User Info
They are a rebrand, but I have not gotten to the bottom of who makes them yet. These blades are starting to show up all over the place (razors direct, the shaving edge, american shaving company, royal shave, and shave nation all sell them).

There has been a lot of speculation as to who makes them, but other than a few guesses no one seems to know for sure who is behind these blades. I got a sales rep to say that they were "made for us" but they would not say who made them.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
User Info
The box also looks very similar to the Crystal and Shark Super Chrome packages too though, it could be pretty much anyone.

10 2,062
 06-07-2013, 11:44 AM
User Info
Yeah, most of the threads that I have read seem to think that they are probably rebranded Crystals.

I thought about getting the Dreadnought shavette (made by Sanguine), blades, synthetic brush (their brushes are rebranded Vulfix), preshave oil, and cream (who knows who actually makes the preshave oil and cream), just so I can do a 100% Dreadnought shave, but their gear is way overpriced. Their DE razor is a rebranded Edwin Jagger that the sell for nearly $80!

This is the same company as BlueBeard's Revenge, they had to change the name for the North American market due to someone else already owning the name over here.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 06-07-2013, 05:07 PM
User Info
Never heard of them, but the insigne looks great! Biggrin

75 20,883
 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
User Info
(06-07-2013, 11:44 AM)Jabberwock Wrote: I thought about getting the Dreadnought shavette (made by Sanguine), blades, synthetic brush (their brushes are rebranded Vulfix), preshave oil, and cream (who knows who actually makes the preshave oil and cream), just so I can do a 100% Dreadnought shave, but their gear is way overpriced. Their DE razor is a rebranded Edwin Jagger that the sell for nearly $80!

Yeah I had seen that their razor was a rebranded EJ, that's why I figured the blades were too. But if they're Crystals at Feather prices, I think I'll pass.

10 2,062
 10-18-2014, 12:38 AM
  • dimitrof
  • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
User Info
I've been curious about these blades too - anyone know how they shave?

4 57