06-10-2013, 10:15 AM
User Info
It has been a while, but I figured I would give you an update and an explanation.

First, the factory has finally finished the parts for the SB razor run and sent them over to engraving. So, we should have these to clean and pack this week. They will be sent out to our vendors and up on our web site later this week. I ordered the razors in January and it has been a tough time getting the run done. The factory updated equipment and had many other reasons for being late, but bottom line they have just been incredibly late. I am sorry it has taken so long for the goods to be getting done.

As to the rest of the update, I have just finished a really tough year at work. Many of you know my regular job is as a college professor teaching accounting at the University of Nevada in Reno. We are severely understaffed, down three faculty at this time, and have had increasing enrollments due to the recession. Education is often a counter cyclical service; the worse the economy is the more folks want retraining. Also, Nevada has had huge budget cutbacks that have exacerbated the problem. We have all taken some pay cuts. This meant that to properly service our student I had to pick up about twice as much work, as has my colleagues. So, I have had virtually no time to myself since January. I even had to resort to canned shave cream for many days, yuck! But, now it is finally getting back to normal.

I took a look at what we accomplished in our first year and a bit of business and I am really pleased. We managed to bring the price of machined stainless razors below the $200 mark, spurred on some nice market competitiveness, thereby affording the shaving consumer some additional choices.

We are still working on a slant, but I have not been happy enough with what I have received to bring it to market. I have them working on some additional variations, but we will not release a razor until it is as good as we can make it.

I still believe our solid bar and open comb models are the best out there, and remain the lowest priced machined stainless razors. They are still the only razors with individual serial numbers.

Thanks for your support during the last year!

3 68
 06-10-2013, 10:20 AM
User Info
No need to apologize, Richard. Tradere has had a great year with the advances you mention. Sorry to hear of your day job difficulties and wish you a better coming academic year.

47 1,270
 06-10-2013, 10:23 AM
User Info
It's good to hear that you're moving forward.

178 11,971
 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Which of your two razors is the mildest, the SB or OC?

And as Tom said, no need to apologize. Your real job takes priority over everything.

173 23,285
 06-12-2013, 11:14 AM
User Info
(06-11-2013, 01:44 PM)Johnny Wrote: Which of your two razors is the mildest, the SB or OC?

And as Tom said, no need to apologize. Your real job takes priority over everything.

Hi Johnny, the SB is milder. In fact it's one of my favourites.

7 1,174
 06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
User Info
Thanks for the update. Here's to some relaxing coming months for you!

63 2,125
 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM
User Info
Hope to be able to get my hands on one of your beautiful razors some day.

2 102
 06-13-2013, 10:12 AM
User Info
As a prowd owner of an SB, I can only say it's my finest razor.
Teaching by example, your students are lucky to witness an economical de-bunker:
A) you don't need to off shore manufacturing to PRC
B) you can manufacture locally a product of the highest quality and still be profitable

Kudos to you and your team!

6 808