04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
Hi.

(To the moderators: If this thread is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the right place)

First, I'm from a little place in Norway called Bodø. There are no barbershops in Norway, and no shops with shavingsupplies other then cartridge razors products (like Gillette etc.) that you can buy at the supermarket. It's just not a marked for it here. But, in a month I'm going to Antalya, Turkey. More precisely, the Lara coast outside Antalya. I would like to try some local products from Turkey. Does anybody know any good shops in Anatalya (or the Lara coast) that sell shaving supplies?

7 858
 04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
User Info
You might want to contact our fellow forum member staggerlee - according to his introduction he lives in Antalya.

I buy some of my shaving supplies from a turkish shop online... extremly cheap compared to Norwegian prices Biggrin

3 3,577
 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
User Info
(04-12-2012, 01:52 PM)Striky Wrote: Hi.

(To the moderators: If this thread is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the right place)

First, I'm from a little place in Norway called Bodø. There are no barbershops in Norway, and no shops with shavingsupplies other then cartridge razors products (like Gillette etc.) that you can buy at the supermarket. It's just not a marked for it here. But, in a month I'm going to Antalya, Turkey. More precisely, the Lara coast outside Antalya. I would like to try some local products from Turkey. Does anybody know any good shops in Anatalya (or the Lara coast) that sell shaving supplies?

Hello Striky,

Welcome to the shavenook. Antalya is a beautiful place to have a vacation, you will like it.
There are no 'specialized shaving shops' in Antalya, but you can easily buy some stuff from malls. The most famous one is called 'Migros 5M' (you pronounciate it like meegros besh (5) m), it is a huge supermarket and you can find shaving creams, soaps, AS, ASB and only one brand of brush (Banat perfect). Unfortunately, there are no DE razors and blades there. Migros is not around Lara, it is 10km from there, but you can find smaller migros around lara.
In Lara there is one 'macrocenter' in a mall called 'terra city', it is a popular place so you may try. In a district called Dedeman there is a 'carrefour' just opposite of the starbucks, it is a well known district (dedeman) so you may find it easily.
Now to the brands; you can find arko shaving stick most of the time, but arko creams are easily available. There is a brand called hobby men and I can recommend SC and AS cologne, don't buy the balm, it has a funny smell. The brush I told is ok, it is a boar brush, run of the mill.You may also find nivea SC and Gibbs SC, and different brands of AS ( like gillette, arko). I recommend anything by arko, they are all good.
You will notice the prices of all those goods are ridiculously cheap, so you may buy all and throw away the ones you didn't like Smile
You are always welcome to ask for my help,
Regards.

4 365
 04-13-2012, 12:31 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(04-12-2012, 07:28 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: You might want to contact our fellow forum member staggerlee - according to his introduction he lives in Antalya.

I buy some of my shaving supplies from a turkish shop online... extremly cheap compared to Norwegian prices Biggrin

Hi!

Which online shop in Turkey do you shop from? Link?

(04-12-2012, 07:54 PM)staggerlee Wrote:

Hello Striky,

Welcome to the shavenook. Antalya is a beautiful place to have a vacation, you will like it.
There are no 'specialized shaving shops' in Antalya, but you can easily buy some stuff from malls. The most famous one is called 'Migros 5M' (you pronounciate it like meegros besh (5) m), it is a huge supermarket and you can find shaving creams, soaps, AS, ASB and only one brand of brush (Banat perfect). Unfortunately, there are no DE razors and blades there. Migros is not around Lara, it is 10km from there, but you can find smaller migros around lara.
In Lara there is one 'macrocenter' in a mall called 'terra city', it is a popular place so you may try. In a district called Dedeman there is a 'carrefour' just opposite of the starbucks, it is a well known district (dedeman) so you may find it easily.
Now to the brands; you can find arko shaving stick most of the time, but arko creams are easily available. There is a brand called hobby men and I can recommend SC and AS cologne, don't buy the balm, it has a funny smell. The brush I told is ok, it is a boar brush, run of the mill.You may also find nivea SC and Gibbs SC, and different brands of AS ( like gillette, arko). I recommend anything by arko, they are all good.
You will notice the prices of all those goods are ridiculously cheap, so you may buy all and throw away the ones you didn't like Smile
Regards.

Thank you for the reply and good tips Smile I will check in the supermarkets for products, both in Lara and in Antalya. I have one Arko Shaving stick, and wouldn't mind trying other products from Arko (SC, AS etc.).

So theres no easy way of finding safty razors, blades, bowls/mugs, leather cases, creams etc. in Antalya? I've heard that there are a lot of barbershops in Turkey, so I thought shaving supplies would be easy to find there.

7 858
 04-13-2012, 12:53 AM
User Info
Bestshave.net (click to follow). Try their horse hair brushes (No6 and No7 - same knot, different handle) - for the price they are very hard to beat. You might also want to consider their sample pack of different blades, as well as one or twenty three extra sticks of Arko shaving soap...

They offer free shipping on orders above 50USD - but keep in mind that as Norwegians we have to pay customs and VAT on anything worth above 200NOK (about 35USD).

3 3,577
 04-13-2012, 01:23 AM
User Info
(04-13-2012, 12:31 AM)Striky Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 07:28 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: You might want to contact our fellow forum member staggerlee - according to his introduction he lives in Antalya.

Hi!

(04-12-2012, 07:54 PM)staggerlee Wrote:

Hello Striky,

Regards.

Thank you for the reply and good tips Smile I will check in the supermarkets for products, both in Lara and in Antalya. I have one Arko Shaving stick, and wouldn't mind trying other products from Arko (SC, AS etc.).

So theres no easy way of finding safty razors, blades, bowls/mugs, leather cases, creams etc. in Antalya? I've heard that there are a lot of barbershops in Turkey, so I thought shaving supplies would be easy to find there.

Yes there are barbershops all around town but I don't think they sell stuff, even if they do you can find the same things -cheaper- in the addresses I've given you. You may find creams, I've given brands, but not very diverse. only 5-6 different brands. There are 1-2 brands (yuma and one other I can't remember) DE razors, the problem is: 1. I haven't seen them sold anywhere, 2. As far as I know they are not of high quality, maybe like some razors from China. The thing is wet shaving market is not as diverse as it is in England, Italy or USA.

You may also try http://www.gittigidiyor.com online, that is the ebay in Turkey, but is in Turkish. You can find some more brands by searching;

brush- tıraş fırçası
blade- jilet
aftershave- same
DE razor- again same jilet
shave set - tıraş seti

4 365
 04-13-2012, 03:56 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(04-13-2012, 12:53 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Bestshave.net (click to follow). Try their horse hair brushes (No6 and No7 - same knot, different handle) - for the price they are very hard to beat. You might also want to consider their sample pack of different blades, as well as one or twenty three extra sticks of Arko shaving soap...

They offer free shipping on orders above 50USD - but keep in mind that as Norwegians we have to pay customs and VAT on anything worth above 200NOK (about 35USD).

Thank you for the tips! I shop a lot abroad, so I'm well aware about the 200NOK border Smile

(04-13-2012, 01:23 AM)staggerlee Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 12:31 AM)Striky Wrote:

Hi!

(04-12-2012, 07:54 PM)staggerlee Wrote: Hello Striky,

Regards.

Yes there are barbershops all around town but I don't think they sell stuff, even if they do you can find the same things -cheaper- in the addresses I've given you. You may find creams, I've given brands, but not very diverse. only 5-6 different brands. There are 1-2 brands (yuma and one other I can't remember) DE razors, the problem is: 1. I haven't seen them sold anywhere, 2. As far as I know they are not of high quality, maybe like some razors from China. The thing is wet shaving market is not as diverse as it is in England, Italy or USA.

You may also try http://www.gittigidiyor.com online, that is the ebay in Turkey, but is in Turkish. You can find some more brands by searching;

brush- tıraş fırçası
blade- jilet
aftershave- same
shave set - tıraş seti

Ok.

Then I will try to get some Arko products at:

- Migros 5M in Antalay, or around Lara.

- Terra City in Lara. Do I understand you right that Terra City is in a district called Dedeman? PS. Whats a carrefour?

I'm not gonna try http://www.gittigidiyor.com. There are no specialized shaving shops in my country, so I hoped that it would be some specialized shaving shops in turkey, since they have so many barbershops Smile

7 858
 04-13-2012, 05:39 AM
User Info
(04-13-2012, 03:56 AM)Striky Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 12:53 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Bestshave.net (click to follow). Try their horse hair brushes (No6 and No7 - same knot, different handle) - for the price they are very hard to beat. You might also want to consider their sample pack of different blades, as well as one or twenty three extra sticks of Arko shaving soap...

Thank you for the tips! I shop a lot abroad, so I'm well aware about the 200NOK border Smile

(04-13-2012, 01:23 AM)staggerlee Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 12:31 AM)Striky Wrote: Hi!

brush- tıraş fırçası
blade- jilet
aftershave- same
shave set - tıraş seti

Ok.

- Terra City in Lara. Do I understand you right that Terra City is in a district called Dedeman? PS. Whats a carrefour?

I'm not gonna try http://www.gittigidiyor.com. There are no specialized shaving shops in my country, so I hoped that it would be some specialized shaving shops in turkey, since they have so many barbershops Smile

Ok, terracity is a huge mall in Lara, not in Dedeman, everybody knows it by the name.

Carrefour is a supermarket like migros. carrefour is near dedeman.
Regards

4 365
 04-13-2012, 06:11 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(04-13-2012, 05:39 AM)staggerlee Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 03:56 AM)Striky Wrote:

(04-13-2012, 01:23 AM)staggerlee Wrote: Yes there are barbershops all around town but I don't think they sell stuff, even if they do you can find the same things -cheaper- in the addresses I've given you. You may find creams, I've given brands, but not very diverse. only 5-6 different brands. There are 1-2 brands (yuma and one other I can't remember) DE razors, the problem is: 1. I haven't seen them sold anywhere, 2. As far as I know they are not of high quality, maybe like some razors from China. The thing is wet shaving market is not as diverse as it is in England, Italy or USA.

brush- tıraş fırçası
blade- jilet
aftershave- same
shave set - tıraş seti

Ok.

Ok, terracity is a huge mall in Lara, not in Dedeman, everybody knows it by the name.

Carrefour is a supermarket like migros. carrefour is near dedeman.
Regards

Ahh, now it's clear Smile Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

7 858