06-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Hi. I have put together a really excellent starter kit. This is aimed at someone looking to get into DE wet shaving without breaking the bank, yet starting with top notch equipment and products. I remember back to when I started and thinking how thankful I would have been if I stumbled on something like this before I went to one of the online shaving stores. Would have saved a lot of money.

The kit I am offering today contains the following:

* Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley Chrome razor. This item came to me in a trade and I personally have not used it at all (my first DE was an identical razor and I still have it and love it). Previous owner said he used it a few times. I can not see any signs of use at all. Looks like brand new razor. Comes in the original box.

* Semogue boar brush, model 1470. This one is mine and I have used it maybe a dozen times for shaving, but I have lathered it many, many times to break in. It took a while, but now this is a fully broken in Semogue boar brush. You can begin enjoying full benefits of it the day you receive it. The Semogue sticker is gone as I did not care for the way it adhered to the handle, but the brand on the butt of the handle is unmistakable. This a wonderful boar brush and has no issues whatsoever. Comes in its original box.

* Palmolive shave stick. New unopened stick of tallow based shaving soap. This is one of my favorite shaving soaps. I grind mine in a cheese grater and mush it into a bowl, but it's great as a stick too.

* Blade sampler. This sampler contains 24 blades and covers a wide range of sharpness and countries of origin. All high quality blades from my personal collection. The blades are: unopened 5-pack of Astra SP (Russia), unopened 5-pack of Derby (Turkey), two of each: Dorco ST-300 (Korea), Wilkinson Sword (Germany, sold in Walmart), Lord Platinum (Egypt), Perma-Sharp Super (Russia), Feather (Japan), Super-Max SP (India), Personna Super, a.k.a. Lab Prep (USA).

Bonus: Institute Karatie Night restorative creme sampler. I have no idea what that is or what it does as I do not use any such products, but I will include it if desired.

Asking $60 shipped to CONUS, paid via PayPal. SOLD!

[Image: WMr6MLq.jpg]

[Image: 5whjyOW.jpg]

[Image: 7mcNGjc.jpg]

[Image: eQBM7A5.jpg]

25 1,705
 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
This is also a great deal for anyone that wants to try a Semogue Boar...Best boar brushes of the bunch, if you ask me! This a great kit for anyone to try out alot of blades and an awesome Semogue boar brush!

68 1,416
 06-18-2013, 06:58 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Weekly bump. I can also replace the Semogue brush with my 24mm Omega restore of the clear-handled brush I did and posted about (with pictures) here.

25 1,705