06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
While "junking" today, I found two injectors and two metal DE dispensers containing Ppersonna 74 blades. $2 each. I moved on, bought a few other items and left. After going to my in-laws house and researching these blades I discovered they were the arrows used in a possible attempt to kill the ghost of KING CAMP "make your money selling LOTS of blades that needs very frequent replacement" GILLETTE!
Made of Swedish, Tungsten Steel, they were designed to last months and dozen upon dozens of shaves while maintaining a super keen edge. Gillette must have been rolling in his grave and got the last laugh. Personna quit making the blades after a few years. Why? We're they lasting TOO long and costing ASR money from lack of repeat sales? We'll probably never know, but I'm going back and buying all four pieces in the morning.

2 334
 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
User Info
I know guys hoard those blades. Never tried them myself but I hope they're there when you go back.

15 762
 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
User Info
That may be a good find. But look closely at the dispensers to see if you can tell whether or not the blades are corroded. I've bought some that were corroded and useless, because I didn't check.

183 12,002
 06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
User Info
Look at first test in the first link in this thread.

http://shavenook.com/thread-de-blade-cha...arts-added

1 2,827
 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Wow!
Even if they are corroded, I'll get them anyway, since they were the HONEYBADGER Blade of the 70's. This blades ARE part of shaving lore. I'll let you know.

2 334
 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
I went back and the injectors were gone, but this is what I got. The WILKINSONS are made in England. The MARLINS were made by THE MARLIN FIREARMS Co. The Personna dispensers are neet. The dispenser probably cost as much as the blades themselves.

[Image: 2U6imeS.jpg][Image: z9FA5Im.jpg][Image: S7mQAOp.jpg][Image: vvLJMbj.jpg]
I love how the Wilkinson's had a reminder between the 4th and 5th blades.

2 334
 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have some Wilkinsons made in England. They are really great blades. Never used the Personna 74s however.

100 12,437
 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
  • Dalejr
  • Nova Scotia, Canada
User Info
Nice score.

1 49
 07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I found some at an antiques store and gave them a good 2 hour soak in denatured alcohol which loosened them right up. Threw out the first of each pack and then enjoyed around 8 meaningful shaves on each blade. Maybe the shave count would have been higer had they been newer, but they were pretty good nonetheless. i'm not sure i would pay $30 people ask for them though...especially when you could get 300 7'oclock blue or Black for that on amazon with a "qualifying $25 purchase (Translated Sold by fulfilled by Amazon)!

YMMV though, some have said they'd gotten 10 to 20 shaves on them when new...a fish story? Perhaps...

68 1,416