06-11-2013, 06:20 PM
User Info
USA just kicked off against Panama. Our defense has been sketchy at best. Will they get organized tonight to hopefully seal a bid to Brazil after another poor performance tonight by Mexico?

31 7,912
 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM
User Info
Brian, i had no idea you were a footie fan!
i wish your team luck.Biggrin

75 20,883
 06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
User Info
(06-11-2013, 06:45 PM)celestino Wrote: Brian, i had no idea you were a footie fan!
i wish your team luck.Biggrin

Absolutely. I'd still be playing if I could find an adult league less than an hour drive away. Refereed for many years as well all the way through the high school level and as high of competition as you could get through the U-19s.

I think USA will make the Cup tournament, but we won't even have a good chance of getting out of the group stage if our defense doesn't tighten up.

There we go Altidore! Great run Dempsey! Glad to see Jozy scoring regularly lately.

Amazing ball by Cameron and a splendid finish by Eddie Johnson.

31 7,912
 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Bradley and Beasley look good and with Landon Donovan coming back qualification for the WC looks good at this point.

The U.S. is a couple generations away from challenging major European and South American sides but the Klinsman approach which seems to want to get away from reliance on athleticism, determination and counter attacking is a step in the right direction.

15 541
 06-12-2013, 01:34 AM
User Info
Hi lads,did Beckham have any influence on spreading the game over your way?.
Sam.

0 79
 06-12-2013, 03:02 AM
User Info
Well the defense looked better last night though I'm not sure they played better. Panama never really challenged them. Even with that I still saw quite a few weak clearances from the back that we're not well thought out. Too many balls played to the middle went right back to a Panamanian player.

While I do feel pretty comfortable with our likelihood to be going to Brazil, it still doesn't look like it will be a good group stage without some drastic defensive improvement.

Geordie, I do think that Beckham helped the sport over here.

31 7,912
 06-12-2013, 08:22 AM
  • Theido
  • Shave Stick Proponent
  • Colorado
User Info
I missed the last qualifier as I was out for the evening.

I did attend USA vs Costa Rica qualifier in Denver. We won 1-0 in a snow storm. Was amazing to attend but it pretty much assured that Denver will never get another qualifier.

1 111
 06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
User Info
Over here in the uk you hear some of the best football songs and chants you could ever wish to hear,a lot of them are not for the faint hearted,they can be VERY crude at times,but more often than not they are delivered with a certain flair and panache.
At a recent Celtic v Rangers game (at one time it looked like Rangers might go out of business because of financial irregularities) the Rangers fans started chanting "we're Rangers till we die" quick as a flash the Celtic fans chanted back "you're Rangers till July" July being the date for the legal hearing to see if they had a future.
Now THAT is humour.
Sam.

0 79
 06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
(06-12-2013, 08:22 AM)Theido Wrote: I missed the last qualifier as I was out for the evening.

I did attend USA vs Costa Rica qualifier in Denver. We won 1-0 in a snow storm. Was amazing to attend but it pretty much assured that Denver will never get another qualifier.

I wouldn't be so sure, places like Denver and its cold give the US an advantage against Central American teams. The US welcomed the snow, CR didn't and it slowed play down which the Americans like. Just as the extreme heat and humidity or Mexico's altitude are considered advantages over the Americans and Canadians.

15 541