06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
User Info
Hi lads,Geordie Sam here,I like a bit of Rugby,both Union and League, I can also watch a bit of American Football (most of the time I must admit, I ain't got a clue what's happening)but which of the two is the "tougher" game,and for what reasons.
Sam.

0 79
 06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'm a fan of Rugby Union. I played 2nd row and lock during my school years.
Not a fan of Rugby League though, but it is popular here, especially on the east coast.
I enjoy watching NFL.
The most followed sport down under is AFL, although I'm less than passionate about it...

91 17,857
 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM
User Info
(06-12-2013, 02:51 PM)geordie sam Wrote: Hi lads,Geordie Sam here,I like a bit of Rugby,both Union and League, I can also watch a bit of American Football (most of the time I must admit, I ain't got a clue what's happening)but which of the two is the "tougher" game,and for what reasons.
Sam.

League rugby? I played 'union' for over 20 years. League is a ... game.

Rugby is comming back to the Olympics. Unfortunately our best athletes aren't going to play.

I played both rugby and football, and with out a doubt... RUGBY

I remember a game where someone broke my nose and substitutions were not yet allowed, so I grabbed snow and kept playing.

Yep, I'm an old dart.

2 546
 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM
User Info
Both are pretty tough sports. I mean they tape their ears to their head in rugby. It is a pretty brutal game with some big hits. That said, I think the NFL is a bit more so sport simply based on the size of the players. There are plenty 6'6" 350+ lb (25+ stone) guys that are monsters.

Just my opinion.

18 569
 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM
User Info
Rugby is by far my favorite sport, mainly union but I have no problem watching rugby league. I was in Australia in 1993 when I first was introduced to the game when I saw the All Blacks play the Wallabies, after that I was hooked and even learned to play for a club team where I played 2nd row. I also really like AFL (Footscray Bulldogs) but hard to catch games on tv in Michigan.

0 143
 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Rugby has to be the toughest! Union in particular.
Not knocking NFL, but they wear a lot of body armour...

91 17,857
 06-13-2013, 12:48 AM
User Info
(06-12-2013, 04:26 PM)IvanCro70 Wrote: Rugby is by far my favorite sport, mainly union but I have no problem watching rugby league. I was in Australia in 1993 when I first was introduced to the game when I saw the All Blacks play the Wallabies, after that I was hooked and even learned to play for a club team where I played 2nd row. I also really like AFL (Footscray Bulldogs) but hard to catch games on tv in Michigan.

I've been watching the Bulldogs here since 1963

You're lucky you can't see their games this year Angry

0 21