06-15-2013, 07:53 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I know I'm gonna catch a bit of grief here. I've already stated how much I LOVE THE VEG... Oh well if it isn't your opinion that's on you. This thread isn't about the scent. So if you're a veg hater you wouldn't understand anyway. I just wanted to state the fact that Lilac Vegetal has the best skin care properties of any after shave I've ever used except Krampert's FBR.

I couldn't tell you why. I'm not a chemist but I DO know what makes my face feel good. I use several Pinaud products. None of them equal The Veg's skin care. It leaves my face feeling smooth and never dries my skin out. Plus I am a fan of the scent. And I've never received anything but compliments on it....

Looking for thoughts on SKIN CARE.... Leave the CAT PEE jokes at home. Us CHOSEN have heard it all before... I know most of you haters have put your faces in places that smell worse than THE VEG !!!! SO PUT A SOCK IN IT !!!!

Happy Shaves !!!!

5 1,151
 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
User Info
Biggrin I tried it once long ago Sav. I thought it was pretty good in the skin care area too. The girlfriend didn't care for it though so I abandoned it. Looking back maybe I should have kept the Veg Biggrin I can't remember the one I used being produced by Pinaud though?

6 1,224
 06-16-2013, 08:19 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I never have tried it, it's not available locally and it's just never piqued my interest enough to order it online.

31 1,510
 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
(06-15-2013, 07:53 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: I know I'm gonna catch a bit of grief here. I've already stated how much I LOVE THE VEG... Oh well if it isn't your opinion that's on you. This thread isn't about the scent. So if you're a veg hater you wouldn't understand anyway. I just wanted to state the fact that Lilac Vegetal has the best skin care properties of any after shave I've ever used except Krampert's FBR.

I couldn't tell you why. I'm not a chemist but I DO know what makes my face feel good. I use several Pinaud products. None of them equal The Veg's skin care. It leaves my face feeling smooth and never dries my skin out. Plus I am a fan of the scent. And I've never received anything but compliments on it....

Looking for thoughts on SKIN CARE.... Leave the CAT PEE jokes at home. Us CHOSEN have heard it all before... I know most of you haters have put your faces in places that smell worse than THE VEG !!!! SO PUT A SOCK IN IT !!!!

Happy Shaves !!!!

Totally agree with the above post. The skin healing properties are great. Personally I'm not offend by the strangeness of the odor, it dissipates fairly quickly and does not linger. It is a stable in my Nook and I proudly use it.

1 3,507
 06-16-2013, 10:03 AM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
Who said Cat Pee was a bad thing Huh
Who said putting my face in the "other" places was a bad thing Huh
It's all good. enjoy ! Biggrin

0 1,291
 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM
User Info
I'm not a veg user, for no particular reason other than I don't have any, but since you have referenced Krampert's, I wholeheartedly agree on that one.

There's one other that I have tried that really impresses, and that is (the new) Lucky Tiger. There's something 'in there' that stays on your face long after the other stuff has evaporated away that makes me keep going back to it.

0 22
 06-16-2013, 12:57 PM
User Info
(06-16-2013, 10:24 AM)Damon Stathatos Wrote: I'm not a veg user, for no particular reason other than I don't have any, but since you have referenced Krampert's, I wholeheartedly agree on that one.

There's one other that I have tried that really impresses, and that is (the new) Lucky Tiger. There's something 'in there' that stays on your face long after the other stuff has evaporated away that makes me keep going back to it.

Agreed! It's the best for my face after Krampert's . Even better than Thayers Alcohol free WH. Which was my standard.

6 1,224
 06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
User Info
I tried a sample some days ago and I really liked it!!!

0 65
 06-16-2013, 03:31 PM
User Info
Have the Veg. I think what you Think is skin care properties is actually your facial muscles unconsciously not wanting to engage in movement of any kind for Fear of releasing more of the Scent!
It's kind of the same thing when you break a bone and your mind tells your body not to move the area because it anticipates severe pain.

5 410
 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM
User Info
I'd have bought some long ago, except I have to buy a whole huge bottle of it! I have ASs from the '70s clogging my shave cabinet now; ones I actually liked at one time. I probably ought to bite the bullet and just do it. It can always feed the bugs in the septic system.

32 6,308
 06-17-2013, 02:21 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(06-15-2013, 07:53 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: I know most of you haters have put your faces in places that smell worse than THE VEG !!!!

Pinaud tried this marketing slogan but it failed to sell aftershave. Huh Go figure! Biggrin

45 16,298