06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
User Info
Hi lads, Geordie Sam here, when I was 16 I used to go out with a local lass called Julie, to cut a long story short, we split up,and she wasn't too happy about it. (who would be?) She had an uncle who was 20 years of age but who "mentally" had an age closer to 5 (think Lennie in "of mice and men") anyway,she "told" him I had been calling him behind his back,(and it was a rather large back)which I hadn't, when he next saw me he kicked the "tar" out of me,so,in actual fact when I was 16 I was "beaten up" by a 5 year old,that,my friends takes some doing.
I have had a somewhat eventful life.

0 79
 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM
User Info
That's pretty good Sam. I guess I was in more than my share of bouts growing up, and not all worked out so well. I still carry some of those scars.

It seems she got even. Biggrin

2 546
 06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You know Sam, I think we could have been friends back in our younger days.Biggrin

173 23,287
 06-21-2013, 04:26 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Old Stories ...

I know how you feel.

When I was about 14 or 15, I had a group of kids at school that were trying to bully me. However, given that I was a little over 6 feet tall, at about 190 pounds, and with a size 11 shoe, they had to have three or four of them picking on me at one time.

One day they got a friend of theirs to try to make me fight him after school.

He was about 6 and one-half feet tall, 170 pounds, a size 14 or 15 steal toe boot size, either 13 or 14 years old but, "mentally" had an age closer to 9 or 10 (Not as bad as Lennie in "of mice and men").

He came up to me after school, told me "I don't like you and I want to fight you! and I looked at him and said "I don't even know who the hell you are so why should I fight you?"

Of course, he said "Because my friends wanted him to."

I did have him in any of my classes and I really had never seen this lanky guy before and if I did I paid him no mind.

Well he kicked my bike with his steal toe boots, and I pushed him away and took off on my bike.

But, I knew his "friends" had put him up to it and I would be an idiot to fight a "10" year old, so over the next week or two I had several opportunities to talk to his "friends" at school.

And what do you know, after we had our little chats ... his "friends" became my "friends" and he never bothered me again.

But, I have not as yet seen him in the street but, maybe one day I will run across him.

1 819
 06-22-2013, 01:56 AM
User Info
(06-21-2013, 12:45 PM)Johnny Wrote: You know Sam, I think we could have been friends back in our younger days.Biggrin

Johnny,ANYONE who went to Woodstock,and also was also present at the JFK assassination (to witness it,NOT applaud it) can be a MATE of mine.

0 79