06-22-2013, 07:00 AM
User Info
I had an awful experience using Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream. I got some just last week. It smells like a butter mint. Unfortunately, as a boy I used to LOVE butter mints. The shave cream smelled so good I ate some of it. It made me queasy and I threw up.

My shaving experience was worse. I soaked my brush and gently rubbed the tips of the brush in the cream and face lathered. I don't know what happened but I think I heard an explosion and a few seconds later I had so much shave cream on my face I couldn't see. After much fussing, I started to shave. I really like to hear and feel that tug of the razor on my face. This stuff does away with that sensation completely. I had to check to see if I put a blade in my razor (I use a Joris so you can tell this is a big deal). I got a really bad shave. No scrape, no noise, no nothing. I gave up and rinsed my face with cold water.

I then used my usual astringent to close my pores but my face reacted strangely. Normally I get some stinging and then use a styptic to stem bleeding. With this stuff all I got was really smooth soft skin. I still can't figure out where the hair went. To make matters worse, my skin was so soft and moist that it eliminated the use of my favorite after shave balm.

Don't use this shave cream if you truly enjoy (or look forward to) the tug of a razor and the redness that accompanies a close shave.

Lastly, you would think a good company would put a warning on its jar: THIS IS NOT CANDY, DO NOT EAT.

0 16
 06-22-2013, 07:06 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I had to read this twice. That happens when you get old. In other words, you really like this soap. As for as eating it, you must not have listened to your Mother when you were young.Smile

173 23,538
 06-22-2013, 07:23 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Now that is a new twist on "washing your mouth out with soap young man"

18 281
 06-22-2013, 08:33 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
Nancy Boy's creams are some of the best I've tried... shaving with that is. I've never tried eating them and I don't intend to.

0 132
 06-22-2013, 08:38 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I tried it once but there is something in it that irritates my skin. I am very limited on the products I can use.

173 23,538
 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I think that you must of got some of the soap in your ears.

So for those of you who want to experience the tug of a razor and the redness that accompanies a close shave it has been recommended that you do not use this cream.

That being said ... Please PM me and I will send you my address so that you can send this cream my way before it is too late.

1 819
 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Even though I hated the cream, this new outlook made me smile. Glad it works for you Biggrin

88 4,233
 06-22-2013, 10:45 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
Traveling for work last week and took some NB Signature along without a brush which was new (and some what scary!) to me. Even rubbing it on the face vigorously with my fingers and combining it with the Feather stainless razor produced one of the best shaves I have ever experienced. A top tier cream in every respect with outstanding ingredients.

42 1,041
 06-22-2013, 11:13 AM
User Info
Excellent first post. It's great to have you in the Nook!

31 7,914
 06-22-2013, 07:22 PM
User Info
My review was rather subjective. When I discovered that Penelope Cruz uses the stuff to shave her legs, I just had to try it. First shave cream I ever used that made me moan.

0 16
 06-22-2013, 09:58 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
(06-22-2013, 07:22 PM)Mr. Wonderful Wrote: My review was rather subjective. When I discovered that Penelope Cruz uses the stuff to shave her legs, I just had to try it. First shave cream I ever used that made me moan.
What?! Oh, do expand on this, please... I know that we are all interested in hearing about this!

18 281