06-22-2013, 06:32 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Bought a couple bars of this stuff and WOWZA! This stuff is slick. Take the wrapper off and good luck keeping hold of it. It should have a rope in it. It is so slick it would be dangerous to use in the shower. I'd be afraid I'd drop it and I'd step in the glycerin trail it left and bust my butt!
I soaked my Omega PRO, shook it out and loaded it right up. The lather started as soon as the bristles hit the bar. You think ARKO is a lather bomb? Nah, not compared to this stuff. The only bad thing is that it left my hands so slick I couldn't hold my razor so I had to rinse them. Guess I'll cut the bar in half so it'll fit my mug and I don't have to hold it.
Anyhow, LOTS OF GLIDE AND CUSHION. If you haven't tried a bar, do so. I've shaved with many soaps and creams that were WAY MORE,EXPENSIVE and didn't give nears as good a lather than this stuff. For under 2 bucks it is a slam dunk.
Alan

2 334
 06-22-2013, 06:41 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
My local dollar tree carries the aloe variety, I picked up a bar, mostly to try as an alternative to glycerine lime oil soap, but found it didn't perform as well for me as a pre-shave soap.
I lathered it with a brush and the lather was decent, though the scent wasn't that great. I tried melting it and adding some essential oils to it but that scent kept coming through.
I couldn't identify it 100%, it almost like a mixture of watermelons and cucumbers, I couldn't stomach it on my face and demoted it to a test lather/brush cleaning soap.

31 1,510
 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
User Info
Yup, it's been written of before. It makes fine lather.

Put the bar of the unscented in a tub and nuke it for a short time. Don't walk away or it'll boil over. Add the scent of your choice and you have a decent shave soap in your chosen scent. Let it harden and it's good to go.

32 6,309
 06-23-2013, 08:04 AM
User Info
(06-22-2013, 06:32 PM)Blue line Wrote: Bought a couple bars of this stuff and WOWZA! This stuff is slick.

Which scent?

3 285
 06-23-2013, 10:03 AM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
I can't place it. It is the copper/red bar. It is not bad at all.

2 334
 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
User Info
(06-23-2013, 08:04 AM)Aimsport Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 06:32 PM)Blue line Wrote: Bought a couple bars of this stuff and WOWZA! This stuff is slick.

Which scent?

I've found the little sample vials of Trumper's colognes are almost a perfect amount of scent for 1 bar of the Clearly Natural soaps. I made a nice little Trumpers Ajaccio Violet shave soap once that way.

0 252
 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
LOVE the stuff... I use it as a pre shave. I have melted it in the microwave and added scents for a custom shave soap. Works pretty good for less than $2 a bar... I like the Berry scented right now for my pre shave. I saw a lemon scent today in the store. I will add it to my collection after I get through a few more of the dozen or so bars I have stocked up...

5 1,151
 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
User Info
It's my standard preshave but I never thought about lathering up with it.

15 762