06-25-2013, 05:20 AM
User Info
I've been keeping an eye out here and elsewhere, but if anyone's posted a comparison between these two latest generation synthetics, I must have missed it.

Please help me out here.Wink I could get both, but if you've tried them both and one's markedly better or worse than the other, I really need to know that! Biggrin

24 1,151
 06-25-2013, 05:58 AM
  • Codfish
  • Product Tester
  • Connecticut Shoreline
User Info
(06-25-2013, 05:20 AM)brothers Wrote: I've been keeping an eye out here and elsewhere, but if anyone's posted a comparison between these two latest generation synthetics, I must have missed it.

Please help me out here.Wink I could get both, but if you've tried them both and one's markedly better or worse than the other, I really need to know that! Biggrin

This has been one of the most frequently-discussed topics on a number of websites for over a year. Maybe I am missing something subtle in your question. Here is one of many, many discussions.

0 254
 06-25-2013, 09:31 AM
User Info
(06-25-2013, 05:58 AM)Codfish Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 05:20 AM)brothers Wrote: I've been keeping an eye out here and elsewhere, but if anyone's posted a comparison between these two latest generation synthetics, I must have missed it.

This has been one of the most frequently-discussed topics on a number of websites for over a year. Maybe I am missing something subtle in your question. Here is one of many, many discussions.

Well, I kind of hoped the very detailed thread you linked would contain exactly what I am looking for, but it does not. I think I've read most of the threads you seem to be referring to, and can't find any detailed reviews of the Omega Hi-Brush at all. The Muhle brush I'm referring to is listed at Connaught Shaving as the 33 H 13, and I'm not yet finding any reviews of that brush. As I say, I may be mistaken and any and all links to possible reviews will be greatly appreciated. I'm just not finding what I'm looking for, thus, my request of anyone who may have these brushes to write some detailed review, or post links to existing reviews.

24 1,151
 03-07-2014, 05:45 AM
User Info
The link above does not answer the OP's question. I have recently acquired an Omega 0140652 "Hi-Brush" and can respond a little from my brief experience with it, as compared to the mark II, Muehle 2011 synthetic.

The "Hi-Brush" is advertised as being more like a boar knot, and that's why I was interested, since the Muehle synth is more like a badger knot. Using the Omega knot is strange, unlike any other knot I have used. Backbone is there like a boar knot, but it seems to be concentrated at the upper two-thirds of the bristles, towards the tips and in the middle of the knot. The upper third near the handle and outer circumference seem spineless in comparison. Consequently, I cannot understand why the bristles are so long. If they were shorter, around 50 mm, this might be a nice small-knot brush for soaps. As it is, one has to rein in the knot with a couple of fingers. Haven't tried it with creams yet, but I'm already pretty sure that the Muehle synth will do a better job here.

0 67