06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
So Sunday I went to Kroger and bought a gallon of Distilled Kroger brand water for .88 cents. Monday morning I decided I was going to try it and see if it made any difference lathering. It was burning up outside so I pulled out the Proraso green tube and went to town face lathering with the water that I had poured into a bowl. Mind you, I only used the distilled water for everything. Rinsing face between paces, drops on the puck, rinsing my razor, etc. I must say this made such a big difference. Last night I wanted to test it again, so I did a test lather with it and Mikes using my Semogue 830. Usually when face lathering with a boar I never have a lot of lather left after my first pass and while I only did a test palm lather with the Mike's I can say the difference is amazing. I will only be using the distilled water from on. I guess with me this is just another case of how much YMMMV with everything as little as the water you use.

15 970
 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
User Info
You should come up to Vancouver to shave. You would have lather for at least 5 passes with our water!Biggrin
Enjoy the shaves; soft water rules!

75 20,883
 06-26-2013, 04:53 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Not our water ... well unless you put alot of soap on it first.

1 819