06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Well, sonofa! Huh I thought by switching over to these great Trac II blades, I would be immune to "discontinued" and hunting for "NOS" blades. Well, my luck ran out and these things are selling for a buck a blade on ebay. So my question to you all is, what is the next best blade for the Trac II? Personna? Dollar store? NOS Schick? Any input is appreciated.

18 281
 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
I like the Wilks. they are smooth and mild.
Gillettes at WallyWorld for $15-ish/10, formerly Gillette/Poland were pretty decent,
now looks like they come from Brazil (at least as far as US distribution is concerned.)
Not as smooth as the Wilks, but smoother than the Personnas.

Personna: very sharp, nowhere near as smooth, at least for the first couple of shaves.
CVS branded twinblades, I "believe" are Personna, around $7.-ish /20.

Some supermarket-branded twinblades in the Northeast carry twinblades from Korea.
The ones I used don't hold an edge. at all. barely make it through one shave.

there is a "Studio35" blade from Walgreen's, but I haven't tried `em. don't know their origin.

Recently, Wilks were available again at WallyWorld, this time around, $3.54/10 and said made in China, maybe that means they are keeping it in the lineup, but I haven't seen them at Wally lately. Originally, Wilk twinblades hailed from Stuttgart, at Wally, they were $6.48/10. those seem to be history.

Don't have any feedback from Wilk, they seem adverse to answering email inquiries.

If I find some Wilks I'll shoot you a post. Hope they continue to be made if they remain decent. I like a mild razor that doesn't pivot or have moving, spring-loaded blades.
When my hide needs pampering, these are like shaving with a very mild injector.

(factoid and spelling edit)

0 1,291
 06-26-2013, 05:39 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Thanks for the fast reply and the thorough response! I was afraid that the Personnas weren't as good. This sucks. Please do let me know if you come across any more of the Wilks! I might have to look at other twin blades as the Mach 3, 5, 7, 23, etc. just doesn't get it done for me.

18 281
 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM
User Info
Get a big box of Polsilvers (Last Longer) or Feathers (Sharper) and stick with them. I never had much luck jumping around from one to another.

If your beard is very heavy maybe the feathers. If not maybe the Polsilvers. I'm sure others can chime in.

1 622
 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Well, these are cartridge Trac II (Super II) blades, so I can't go with the above mentioned. I am now looking at either Personnas, Gillette Trac II Plus, Gillette Trac II NOS, Wilkinson NOS System II blades, or whatever else someone suggests. All suggestions are welcome!

18 281
 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Any generic store bought that says made in Korea are probably re-branded Dorco. Good luck with your search.

100 12,442
 03-10-2016, 06:45 PM
User Info
(06-26-2013, 02:44 PM)diggity Wrote: Well, sonofa! Huh  I thought by switching over to these great Trac II blades, I would be immune to "discontinued" and hunting for "NOS" blades.  Well, my luck ran out and these things are selling for a buck a blade on ebay. So my question to you all is, what is the next best blade for the Trac II?  Personna? Dollar store? NOS Schick?  Any input is appreciated.

Hi I have just seen your forum and sending you late reply. Yes. Wikinson Trac II blades are great blades. You can't find any retail stores.  You can use with Any Atra Style or Trac II Style Razor. You can still buy this online at USRzor. They have Great price with free shipping. 

Here is the link

it will help. Good Luck

0 5
 03-11-2016, 07:06 AM
User Info
(06-26-2013, 02:44 PM)diggity Wrote: Well, sonofa! Huh  I thought by switching over to these great Trac II blades, I would be immune to "discontinued" and hunting for "NOS" blades.  Well, my luck ran out and these things are selling for a buck a blade on ebay. So my question to you all is, what is the next best blade for the Trac II?  Personna? Dollar store? NOS Schick?  Any input is appreciated.

Have you tried the LORD blades: http://bullgooseshaving.com/lord-premium...ges-5-pack

Also the Feather MR3 is on offer at Bullgoose: http://bullgooseshaving.com/feather-mr3-...dge-razor/

1 123
 03-11-2016, 03:09 PM
User Info
Razors Direct has a large selection of Trac II blades available.

37 2,959
 03-12-2016, 03:42 PM
User Info
(03-11-2016, 03:09 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Razors Direct has a large selection of Trac II blades available.

USRazor has wide selection of Wilkinson , Gillette Trac II and Atra Blades.

0 5