06-27-2013, 04:56 AM
User Info
I have a dlc in the mail right now, from the pictures it looks like they are bead blasted and then dlc'ed. Is this right? I also have a polished weber head in the mail that I am going to have dlc'ed also so if the original one is blasted with a dull look, the polished should have a totally different look than original one.

1 96
 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Congratulations on getting a Weber DLC. Obviously its used because Weber is no longer making them only the polished head version. I think if you DLC a polished head it will not look the same as the original. But show us pictures when its completed.

100 12,436
 06-27-2013, 07:27 AM
User Info
Who are you using to apply the DLC on the polished head? Have you determined how thick the coating will be? I have no knowledge of the process but I suspect you would want to prep the surface for adhesion. I have a DLC and its my fav razor. I'd like to have a backup so if you have success I may try this as well. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

7 17
 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
User Info
I have a friend that is going to do it for me, it's pretty expensive and you have to have big order for most places to do it. I do know that the two finishes will look different if the original is bead blasted before coating. The polished will come out as a shiny finish VS if it bead blasted then it will come out as a dull finish. Ill try and find some pictures for a example.

Here are some pictures of the two different finishes. I also read on the Wikipedia dlc page that some wet shaving blades are coated on the edge to reduce friction. Anyone know what kind of blades these would be?

[Image: u7eduqyn.jpg][Image: sepememy.jpg]

(06-27-2013, 05:54 AM)slantman Wrote: Congratulations on getting a Weber DLC. Obviously its used because Weber is no longer making them only the polished head version. I think if you DLC a polished head it will not look the same as the original. But show us pictures when its completed.

The shiny finish is the one I would really like to have. And yes it is bought on the aftermarket but he says he never used it. But who knows.

1 96
 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
User Info
Wow, I'll look forward to seeing images once it's done. That just might look fantastic.

183 12,002
 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Very interesting. I look forward to see how it turns out.

45 3,955