06-27-2013, 05:52 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
'Morning Everybody!

I've had these razors around in my shave drawer for a bit now, but they aren't being used so I deemed it time that they move on. Also I am getting fairly involved in the running/jogging scene, so I'm hoping to be able to invest more into my health once these are gone.Smile

Just a note before descriptions, I had the flaws of the razors showing in all the photos, so in other words, these were taken showing the razors' worst sides. ALSO, the prices include shipping to anywhere in North America. If you're an international buyer, just let me know and we can easily work something out! If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!

I'm still having issues figuring out the whole photo attachment problem (Imgur doesn't want to work for me), so forgive me for the hyperlinks.

Here is one shot with the doors closed, and another with doors open.

Gillette Red Tip (A3) - $40 SOLD
The red tip work amazing! The doors are smooth and have no issues opening. The only 'flaws' with the razor are spots of chipping on the red knob (mostly on the bottom edge), and the dull doors, as can be seen in the photo. Other than those two items, it is perfectly sound.

Gold Rocket - $35 SOLD
Here is a gold plated rocket (patent pending), which to me looks like a gold version of the 1940's pre-patent rocket. The aggression on this razor is perfect, not harsh, but not too mild. It gets the job done, and done well. As can be seen there is plate loss on the handle and it is starting on the edges/corners of the top of the doors. This is the only issue with the razor. The door mechanism is perfectly smooth and there are no issues with the doors opening at all.

Rhodium Plated Gillette #66 - $70 SOLD
This razor is perfectly sound, mechanically speaking. As it can be seen, there are a few little spots where the plating has come off on the handle, and a larger spot on the knob. These are the only flaws with the razor, and I believe all are shown in the photo. The other sides of the razor have no plating issues other than regular wear (nothing like the spotting though). The doors open smooth, though it does have the British lazy door that doesn't open 100% (but can be opened with your finger).

Gillette #58 - $55 SOLD
This razor has no mechanical issues other than a case of lazy doors that open about 80%. You just use your fingers to do the rest. It is a wonderful shaver, and is a tad more aggressive than the #66 in my books. Opening and closing the doors is smooth and problem free.

Thanks Everyone!

1 608
 06-27-2013, 06:14 AM
User Info
Lovely razors and photos! Good luck with the sale!

2 5,532
 06-27-2013, 06:20 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
 06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(06-27-2013, 06:20 AM)CRAusmus Wrote: [Image: 9150027571_f27c181ba5_c.jpg]

[Image: 9150024623_4fda916eb5_c.jpg]

Thank you!