04-13-2012, 11:08 PM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

Durance is a company from Provence District of France, as I've read in their site, their products are nearly %100 natural. Durance L'ome was among the very first soaps I' ve bought during my trial-error phase of wet shaving. It was definite error in my case..

It has a subtle smell of sea buckthorn as far as I can get and the ingredients are:

potassium palmate, sodium palmate, potassium stearate, Potassium palm kernelate, sodium stearate, sodium palm kernelate, glycerin, water, palm kernel acid, fragrance, olive fruit oil, sea buckthorn fruit extract, sweet almond oil, penlasodium pentetate, tetrasodium etidronate, BHT, limonene, linalool, hydroxylsohexyl 3-cyclohexene, carboxaldehyde.

The porcelain bowl of L'ome soap is very nice and elegant, but it may slip through your hands during loading or making lather.

[Image: 4fcrw.jpg]

L'ome has a lather that is slick and moist, doesnt leave the skin dry. But the lather is not protective and it doesn't last, it is almost like a lather you can get from an ordinary bath soap. I have tried it with different techniques and brushes but the result didn't change at all. Now I am using it to break my boar brushes only, and planning to give it a try as a pre-shave soap.It's sad because it has a nice, clean scent, could be suitable for warmer months.

[Image: 4fcs9.jpg]
The lather produced after 1min loading and 2-3min of lathering with a badger brush.

[Image: 4fct8.jpg]
Wait for 1min and it begins to disappear

[Image: 4fctn.jpg]
Rub your fingers to your palm and it's gone!

I don't know maybe it's just me, but is anyone in forum satisfied with the protection and stability of the lather? Did you try it?

4 365
 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
This soap was reformulated or its ingredients changed for worst.
I have tried it with good results,making stable,thick lather from it.It seems that at some point the soap was changed,even when the ingredients are the same than the puck I used,and now is good as a bath/hand soap,but not as a shaving soap.

86 7,123
 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
My friend Burak is right. The lather is not too protective, and it is not thick at all. It's not a soap I would want to use on a daily basis for shaving. The scent however, is very nice.

3 2,548
 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
I had this soap. I tried every technique I knew to create luxurious lather, one that would provide good glide and cushion. Oh, pish! In the end I came to this conclusion: This soap is a disaster and the only good thing about it is the attractive little bowl. I still have the bowl, although now it houses what's left of my I Coloniali.

132 2,614