07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I recently picked up a bottle of Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet AS because I enjoy the scent and have lately been using the cream and the tallow soap (thanks Phil). I have been very pleasantly surprised with this AS. Not only does it smell great, they put some goodies in the formula. Witch hazel, glycerin, menthol, oakmoss extract, and treemoss extract. So it's not just a watered down version of the cologne. Anyone else tried it? Is this a new formulation?

43 1,696
 07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I've wanted to try it for a long time now and eventually I will. I'm surprised to see the ingredient list myself. That looks nice.

45 3,955
 07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
User Info
I use all the stuff in the Blenheim Bouquet line except for the shave soap. I can say that the reputation is well deserved and I can't imagine you not liking it.

If your thinking of AS, consider the balm as well. The cream is suspended in the splash and it will give you a nice tingle, the scent is per the cologne, strong and long lasting.

Just a thought since the balm is the absolute best feeling cream I have ever used. It has even cured my ingrown hair without feeling heavy or greasy and that softness stays until your shower again.

The AS balm is a permanent part of my routine. But don't get me wrong, I'm sure the splash is great too, but it won't give you any benefits over the balm is all. Winky

1 628
 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM
User Info
(07-02-2013, 01:35 PM)Andrew Wrote: I recently picked up a bottle of Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet AS because I enjoy the scent and have lately been using the cream and the tallow soap (thanks Phil). I have been very pleasantly surprised with this AS. Not only does it smell great, they put some goodies in the formula. Witch hazel, glycerin, menthol, oakmoss extract, and treemoss extract. So it's not just a watered down version of the cologne. Anyone else tried it? Is this a new formulation?

The AS is fantastic stuff IMHO. It has a great post shave cooling and calming property but I found it a wee bit drying at times. I absolutely adore the Bleinheim Bouquet scent and I've been using the cream, AS and cologne as part of my regular rotation. The shave soap on the other hand was utterly rubbish and ended up being a very expensive bath soap.

2 52
 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Soap Bad ... I shall have to look for a review.

1 819
 07-02-2013, 06:10 PM
User Info
I don't know why they switched to a new veggie based shave soap when they still have their bath soaps made with tallow but "the shave soap is rubbish" is the general consensus so I never tried it.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the batch of old tallows Phil had recently.

1 628
 07-02-2013, 06:17 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I meant to include this:

[Image: 9196521994_5d76dd0f22_b.jpg]

43 1,696
 07-03-2013, 03:32 AM
User Info
Andrew,
Will have to pick up the splash if you recommend it. I have the ASB and used to have the shaving cream and love them all.

5 298
 07-03-2013, 06:24 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Mark, I recommend the splash. I have no need for a balm after using this stuff. It smells great and leaves my face feeling just right after the shave. The only downside for some may be the alcohol related burn. It definitely has a little of that.

43 1,696
 07-09-2013, 05:42 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
The scent of Trumper's Wellington is very, very similar to that of Blenheim Bouquet. Although not inexpensive, Trumper's is significantly less expensive than Penhaligon's.

5 852
 07-09-2013, 06:05 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(07-09-2013, 05:42 AM)Rufus Wrote: The scent of Trumper's Wellington is very, very similar to that of Blenheim Bouquet. Although not inexpensive, Trumper's is significantly less expensive than Penhaligon's.

I will make a note to try the Wellington when my BB gets low. I'd be interested to compare the ingredients of the two. The BB has really been setting my face up nicely after my shave.

43 1,696
 07-11-2013, 08:22 PM
  • rebos
  • extra stainless
  • Montreal
User Info
Sounds like a decent AS. I use the EdT --despite my girlfriends remarks Smile

2 53
 07-13-2013, 03:25 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I was finally able to find the cream in a jar, and used the cream and ASB for the first time this morning--I wish I hadn't, as I found them to be so fantastic that I broke down and ordered the cologne. I think this is as good as it gets.

38 4,948
 07-13-2013, 04:29 PM
User Info
(07-13-2013, 03:25 PM)evnpar Wrote: I was finally able to find the cream in a jar, and used the cream and ASB for the first time this morning--I wish I hadn't, as I found them to be so fantastic that I broke down and ordered the cologne. I think this is as good as it gets.

Wait till you try the hand soaps, hand lotion, and the shampoo.

The Shampoo nothing short of spectacular.

The hand soaps are tallow and make your skin soft on their own!

Its a way of life.

1 628