07-03-2013, 10:35 AM
User Info
Hi lads,Geordie Sam here,
can I just say the two most popular gifts given by Women to Men are also in my opinion the worst two,namely Fragrances and Watches,both of these are so personal to the giftee (if such a word exists) that it's hard to get it right,unless the fragrance is one we already use then we often don't like it,and as for watches,there are just so many types to choose from,so Ladies,please STOP buying us Watches,and ONLY buy a Fragrance we already use.
Thank you. (rant over)

0 79
 07-03-2013, 10:52 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
So true, Sam! Unfortunately the intended audience will likely not be reading this thread! Biggrin

My wife has learned over the years not to choose these types of things for me, de novo ... and vice versa ... as I apparently have no clue about womens' clothing and jewellery! Undecided

102 17,569
 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I must say, that after 31 years of marriage, my wife has never bought me any after shave/cologne, or any watches. She bought me a ring once. Usually it is socks and underwear.

173 23,285
 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
User Info
I guess I must be lucky as my wife has bought me watches and after shave/cologne which is exactly what I wanted (she monitors this forum on a regular basisBiggrin)

98 12,351
 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
No Giftee ... It is Donor and Donee

My wife (married for over 17 years) never bought me any shaving items unless I told her what I wanted. So I was lucky in that I gave her a list of items to choose from and she would pick one of those.

Then, she surprised me with some Brushless Shave Cream. Now she knows I use a brush but, she thought she was being helpful because it was a shaving cream that I did not have.

I would prefer if she would just buy what I wanted and not what she thinks I want.

Slantman - You probably are Lucky and my wife probably doesn't know I am on this forum.

1 819