Poll: Taylor "Shave Collection" Pole
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
User Info
Must have Cream or Soap available, must have After Shave Gel, Cream, or Splash available, and must have Cologne to form a "3 Piece Collection". Most important factor should be Scent, then Shave Quality, and then Anything Else related when Judging.

I realize most of us have not used all of them and certainly not every piece in each collection so this is why I chose to make "Scent" the most important factor. However, if you like two or more scents equally than use shave quality or skin conditioning as a tie breaker.

B

1 622
 07-04-2013, 06:24 AM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
TOBS creams lather like an absolute beast, but other than Coconut, not a fan of any of their scents.

17 544
 07-04-2013, 05:19 PM
User Info
Write something in you would rather see. I have never tried one of their creams. I bought a life time supply of Trumpers cream when I had the serious AD going on. Funny part is I'm more of a soap fan now and Taylor Lavender and Sandalwood are some of my favorites. Smile I'm a bit different than yourself, I like Sandalwood, Mr.Taylors, Shaving Shop, and Jermyn St. In the scent department. None are my favorites but I think they are very nice for about 30 Balloons a bottle. Certainly nicer than all the $50 and $7D dollar crap we have available in U.S. Department stores.

1 622
 07-04-2013, 11:07 PM
User Info
Eton college smells fine as a cream, but in both aftershave and cologne form it turns to "Obsession for Men" on my skin. While I don't necessarily object to that fragrance (though I'm not super fond of it), my mother wears Obsession perfume. Thus, no.

Jermyn St., on the other hand, is lovely.

5 407
 07-04-2013, 11:28 PM
User Info
Just finished a bar of Jermyn St. Not so long ago, liked it so much I gonna pick-up a bottle of the cologne next time I buy some gear.

My Wife just laughed and said, "Pole should be Poll,!!!". Biggrin

1 622
 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
User Info
Have Sandalwood shaving soap, aftershave splash and edt (just ordered a new edt). Did have the shaving cream before I switched to soaps. Fragrance is same throughout, and I really enjoy the fragrance. Shave quality with the soap is average.

3 543
 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM
User Info
The Sandalwood was my favorite when I started getting into the Taylor stuff. I will always have a bottle of the cologne in the rack.

Say,,, what kind of soap do you Like better? I'm kinda lazy makin lather and I can't shave everyday so its hard for me to pick out the differences in shave quality sometimes.

MdC,,... Not sure about scent
Santa Maria Novella
Trumpers Sandalwood & Lime

1 622
 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
User Info
(07-05-2013, 04:44 PM)olblueyez Wrote: The Sandalwood was my favorite when I started getting into the Taylor stuff. I will always have a bottle of the cologne in the rack.

Say,,, what kind of soap do you Like better? I'm kinda lazy makin lather and I can't shave everyday so its hard for me to pick out the differences in shave quality sometimes.

MdC,,... Not sure about scent
Santa Maria Novella
Trumpers Sandalwood & Lime
If you are asking me, D.R. Harris soaps are certainly better than TOBS.

3 543
 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM
User Info
(07-05-2013, 06:17 PM)john parker Wrote: If you are asking me, D.R. Harris soaps are certainly better than TOBS.

I have the Arlington, Love it!

1 622
 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM
User Info
Thanks for weighing in on the pole everyone. Keep clicking!

Brooke

1 622
 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM
User Info
Give us click people.

1 622