07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
User Info
I just used the search function to if there was any information on Green Mountain Soap's shaving soaps. I didn't get a single result.

Has anybody out there tried these soaps? If so, what is your experience?

6 122
 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM
User Info
It's odd that you wouldn't get a result, they've been discussed here before. Most folks have good things to say about them. I have never tried them myself, so I can't offer any opinion.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

6 327
 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM
User Info
(07-05-2013, 02:01 PM)Jabberwock Wrote: It's odd that you wouldn't get a result, they've been discussed here before. Most folks have good things to say about them. I have never tried them myself, so I can't offer any opinion.

Sent from my Transformer using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I thought it was weird too. I ran the search wide open with the terms "green mountain soap" and "green mountain" but I got zero results. I tried searching with just "green" and I got a bunch of results related to Green Irish Tweed and its clones.

6 122
 07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
User Info
 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Due to another shaving forums fairly lousy search engine, I've gotten used to using specific site searches on Google/Bing instead. I don't think I've ever even tried the Nook search, now that I think about it. Blush

For instance, just drop "green mountain soap site:shavenook.com" into the search bar and you're off..without quotations of course.

31 1,510
 07-05-2013, 04:10 PM
User Info
I've only tried lathering it from the "puck" in my very hard water. I can get copious amounts of airy lather. I cannot get the dense lather I prefer. I plan on grating it down & trying again eventually. Those with softer water rave about it. Even with the airy lather I still got a fine shave; just lacked any cushion. Skincare after the shave is quite nice.

31 7,914
 09-30-2013, 08:57 AM
User Info
I've not had good results with it in my very hard water. That said, I've yet to grate it and try it that way which I've heard works better in hard water as you can load it much easier.

31 7,914
 10-01-2013, 09:20 AM
User Info
I had some, but was unable to get a good lather in my very hard water. I tried it grated, soaked, etc. I lived the scents, but not the lather. I traded it to someone who really loved it. It doesn't work for everyone, but when it works, it REALLY works.

7 89