07-05-2013, 03:02 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Well for some reason and I'll never know why I decided to take a nite off from SE's and took out my old 59 FatBoy. I lathered up nicely with Arko and loaded a brand new Personna Med Prep from Bullgoose. I decided to give it a whirl as Shadows Dad say set on the "Magic 9".

The shave went pretty smooth although I did get a couple weepers. And after my normal 2 and 1/2 pass shave I could have gone further but decided to settle for a DFS.

I waited to write to The Nook a full 1/2 a day after the shave just to see how it would turn out. I have a slight bit of irritation which was normal for me before SE's. I also must say that before this shave I usually set the old fella on 6.. And it was one of my favorite DE's. Still is I guess as I only have it and 3 other DE's left in my collection (Krona, Star DE, & a Tech mounted on my Goliath) ...

Needles to say I think I will remove the blade and sit him back in the razor rack until I get another "wild hair"... Just doesn't compare to any of my vaunted SE's... Sorry bout that King Gillette but I think you're ALL WET !!!!

HAPPY SHAVES EVERYONE !!!

5 1,151
 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM
User Info
Once you get used to an SE its hard to go back to a DE.

121 13,167
 07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
User Info
Thanks for sharing, Sav. As much as I also adore SE razors and favor aggressive razors, I actually prefer the Fatboy on 5. Smoother for me than 9 and just as close.

47 1,270
 07-05-2013, 07:28 PM
User Info
I'm actually sorry to hear about that SJR. But my experience is much the same.

I never much cared for the Fatboy, but did like the Slim. I use the Slim now and it just feels like a club. I'm basically down to 3 SE razors. 2 are pre'21 and the Muhle R41. I probably should put the rest away. Nature abhors a vacuum, so maybe that space for razors that will be found will be filled with Lather Catchers.

32 6,462
 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
WOW... I have to say the shave with the FatBoy really kind of messed me up.... I had a show last night and had to shave. I followed with the new Gem Featherweight I just purchased and the irritation has amplified. I can rest now and heal before I shave again but I haven't had that level of irritation in a very long time... The FatBoy goes into mothballs... I may just test mothball all my DE's that don't work for me. I really haven't used any except the Tech/Goliath since I became a L.O.S.E.R..... No use in them collecting dust, rust, and such... Maybe when my 4 year old Grandson inherits them he may like them...

5 1,151
 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
3 days out and I'm still messed up. I look like a high schooler with acne.. I still can't shave... Hope I heal up by Wednesday. Got a music thing... FatBoy on the magic "9". Won't do that again... Guess I just ain't as bad assed as Brian Krampert.... lol

5 1,151