07-08-2013, 09:37 AM
User Info
the T&H 1805 cream is my favorite shaving product of all time. love both scent and performance. but the equivalent soap has always had a reputation of being awful. is this 'new' soap a reformulation for the better?? anyone know anything about it?

1 171
 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
User Info
I agree with your comments on the cream but I would suggest you stay with the cream. The current formulation of T&H soaps is better than Trumper's(not difficult really), but the performance is still some way behind the likes of D.R. Harris. Save your money.

31 4,957
 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM
User Info
I have the cream and soap: stick with Truefitt & Hill creams.

The soap smells wonderful, but you have to really really spend some time and effort to get a shave worthy lather. Puck soaking. heavy loading and reloading will get you to where you want to be - but honestly, you can load for less than a minute off a puck of DR Harris soap and have enough lather to shave a dozen times.

8 240
 07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
A member of http://www.foroafeitado.com (an also , master barber with more than 15 years of experience) , made this video about how to lather the 1805 shaving soap.As you can watch , is kind of tricky : you need the brush not to be very wet, load the soap like there is no tomorrow , and add water gradually.You will eventually get some thick lather , but I wonder if its worth all the effort , when the cream smells so nice and its so easy to lather...

86 7,123