07-08-2013, 11:09 AM
User Info
I'm looking for a specific trade for my NOS shave ready Heljestrand Le Duc 6/8 quarter hollow, I'm looking for a NOS Japanese Hayashi Diamond or a King Pelican, or you may have something I may find of interest, just to give you a few pointers I only like square points, they must be NOS and I'm a sucker for a really top quality Japanese straight razor, but I do not like traditional Kamisori razors. PS just to give you some idea you are looking at a $300 dollar + razor if you were lucky enough to find one.

Jamie.

[Image: 3b92764a-1eba-4fa8-9c6c-ebcb44eb10e2_zps6a0653fb.jpg]

[Image: c19c34d1-6fcc-4061-8417-70a772d80e17_zps030f96aa.jpg]

5 1,810
 07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
User Info
Gorgeous looking razor there Jamie. I'm intrigued about the King Pelican. I've seen two on eBay from Japan. What do you think about them?

8 243
 07-09-2013, 12:09 AM
User Info
(07-08-2013, 11:12 PM)jodypress Wrote: Gorgeous looking razor there Jamie. I'm intrigued about the King Pelican. I've seen two on eBay from Japan. What do you think about them?

Hi Jody,

Well I've seen a few but not to many on the Straight razor place, Glen AKA gssixguns as one and he did say very good things if I remember rightly, but I think most of the better Japanese western style straights are widely respected as top notch shavers, and if the 6 I own are anything to go by I don't think I'll be disappointed, only problem being I'm not to sure there's many to be found.

Jamie.

5 1,810
 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Jamie.. awesome razor...

I've had a Heljestrand on my short list for some time. Sadly, I don't have anything to trade. However...

...if you ultimately don't find what you're looking for, and I hope you do, keep me in mind if you choose to offer the Heljestrand for sale.

33 914
 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
User Info
(07-09-2013, 04:56 PM)MikekiM Wrote: Jamie.. awesome razor...

I've had a Heljestrand on my short list for some time. Sadly, I don't have anything to trade. However...

...if you ultimately don't find what you're looking for, and I hope you do, keep me in mind if you choose to offer the Heljestrand for sale.

Hi Mike,

If I don't get a trade offer I shall certainly keep you in mind as you are the first to ask the question, I have the razor advertised over on Badger & Blade, I must admit I've had quite a few trade offers but simply not what I'm looking for.

Jamie

5 1,810
 07-13-2013, 03:39 AM
User Info
I've had NOS King Pelican razors in the past. They're nice, but not exceptional. Really, I find most, if not all, of my Japanese razors to be top-notch. I had quite a few Hayashi Diamond razors, but have sold most of them. I still have two, but they're staying with me. Anyway, they're not NOS, as I use all my razors.

Jamie knows this already, but for anyone new: don't focus on the brand of the razor as much as matching your grind/point/size preferences. Almost all vintage or Japanese blades will shave really well once they're honed properly.

Nice razor there, Jamie. Looks great!

37 1,731
 07-13-2013, 06:01 AM
User Info
You are right on the money there Yohann, I keep trying different makes and models and various grinds but I keep going back to my Japanese razors, what I love about them they are so easy to hone and maintain, except for one of my western style folding Kamisori, this one calls for all my experience and honing knowledge to hone, but once you have it right it certainly is a super shaver, but I will admit to having one challenger in my stable who I will say will match or equal all of them, and that's my early Filarmonica Especial 14 full hollow 8/8.

Jamie.

5 1,810
 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Yohann, it's not so much about the name, though I have an itch specifically for an MK31 or MK32.. It's more that it's NOS, shave ready by Jamie's standards, 6/8 quarter hollow and the muted square tip.

33 914
 07-16-2013, 06:53 AM
User Info
Well as these two razors I'm looking for and their owners don't want to trade at this present time, then how about anyone who's ready to offer up some other good branded Japanese NOS razors for this beautiful quarter hollow Heljestrand 6/8, or you may have a mint Filarmonica 13 or 14 in a square point you could try me you never know.

Jamie

5 1,810
 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM
User Info
Well I can't see anyone wanted to trade the Japanese razors I'm looking for or a NOS Filarmonica 13 or 14 for this Heljestrand, so I guess she can go into hibernation for a few years, so she is being withdrawn.

5 1,810