07-09-2013, 07:22 AM
User Info
While sitting in the waiting room at the dentist's office, I thought that I would take a gander at the selection of magazines offered.

I'm not normally a magazine reader and my latest experience confirmed the reason. I won't disparage the magazine title as I suspect most are the same these days. But all of the men featured are sporting days worth of stubble and the social advice given within the pages is simply rubbish.

There were a few articles that mentioned grooming and shaving but, nothing about DE/SE or straight razor shaving.

What's my point you ask? I guess the point is that with each passing day I am becoming more and more like my Father.

And I couldn't be happier. Biggrin

That's why I love this forum, it reminds me of conversations with my Father or my Uncle. Real Men who offer solid, no-nonsense advice.

Frank

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2 229
 07-09-2013, 07:32 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Most print magazines are indeed 'rubbish' and the countless ads for dubious products don't help either!

I truly appreciate this forum for the candor and camaraderie present. Cheers! Smile

102 17,662
 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The last man magazine I read was MAD Magazine.

173 23,490
 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Gillette's advertising blitzes dictate whats in the magazines pertaining to shaving. Money talks and they have the bucks.

100 12,437
 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
try reading Gentelmens Quarterly...you,ll laugh yourself sick...skinny hairless "men?" wearing skintight suits that don,t fit and loafers without socks....quite pathetic but VERY Stylish!!

6 1,913
 07-09-2013, 09:58 AM
User Info
(07-09-2013, 09:28 AM)Harvey Wrote: try reading Gentelmens Quarterly...you,ll laugh yourself sick...skinny hairless "men?" wearing skintight suits that don,t fit and loafers without socks....quite pathetic but VERY Stylish!!

You get the picture! It was not GQ, but very close. I felt as though I was getting advice on "relationships" from one of my son's friends Sad. Pathetic what passes for a "gentleman" these days! And all that "man-scaping" going on, what is that about? They seem to want to remove the hair from areas where we men are known for having hair and yet, walk around with 4 day old scraggly beards ..... I don't get it.Huh

Frank

2 229
 07-09-2013, 10:08 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Frank, guess what, they don't get it either.Confused

173 23,490
 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.