07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I know at some point I read a thread about some soaps or creams that just knock your socks off in the summer and leave your face feeling chilled in the 100 degree heat. Can someone help me remember what they were.

I know one was RazoRock Brain Freeze, but can anyone else share some other great soaps for the summer time?

15 970
 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Queen Charlotte Soaps (QCS) "Vostok" or "Iced Key Lime"..they'll almost bring tears to your eyes.

31 1,510
 07-09-2013, 03:02 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
The Vostok one is the soap I couldn't remember, but have heard about. Thanks.

(07-09-2013, 02:55 PM)Arcadies Wrote: Queen Charlotte Soaps (QCS) "Vostok" or "Iced Key Lime"..they'll almost bring tears to your eyes.

15 970
 07-09-2013, 03:12 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(07-09-2013, 03:02 PM)tsimmns Wrote: The Vostok one is the soap I couldn't remember, but have heard about. Thanks.

(07-09-2013, 02:55 PM)Arcadies Wrote: Queen Charlotte Soaps (QCS) "Vostok" or "Iced Key Lime"..they'll almost bring tears to your eyes.

They're both similar on face freeze from what I've heard. Vostok is pure peppermint/menthol scent though, some do not care for that but I enjoy it from time to time. I've never tried the lime, however.

31 1,510
 07-09-2013, 03:21 PM
User Info

Well,

I just ordered the Iced Key Lime for myself!

Brrrr.... Can't wait.

Frank

2 229
 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM
User Info
TSD Sub Zero is also very cold, almost to Vostok levels.

0 433
 07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
User Info
The QCS Vostok and Ice Key Lime are the same shaves soaps per Matthew at QCS. The Ice Key Lime is Vostok with the Key Lime EO added to it. For the total Arctic Blast do the QCS Vostok or Ice Key Lime, follow it up with cold water rinse then pat dry. Then reach for a tube of 444 gel/balm, apply a small amount to your face and let it absorb into your skin (few minutes). Now take a bottle of Osage Rub and shake a few splashes onto your palm then apply that to your face....Try all that and let me know if you feel a cooling sensation.

0 123
 07-09-2013, 04:49 PM
User Info
You forgot to mention an ice cube rub! Biggrin

Frank

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2 229
 07-10-2013, 05:36 AM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
(07-09-2013, 04:41 PM)mctmatt Wrote: The QCS Vostok and Ice Key Lime are the same shaves soaps per Matthew at QCS. The Ice Key Lime is Vostok with the Key Lime EO added to it. For the total Arctic Blast do the QCS Vostok or Ice Key Lime, follow it up with cold water rinse then pat dry. Then reach for a tube of 444 gel/balm, apply a small amount to your face and let it absorb into your skin (few minutes). Now take a bottle of Osage Rub and shake a few splashes onto your palm then apply that to your face....Try all that and let me know if you feel a cooling sensation.

That right there is the South Florida shave!!!...That's my go to setup when I want to combat the hot and muggy South Florida weather. The QCS Iced Key Lime is fantastic...face freezer but with a very nice scent.

45 708
 07-10-2013, 08:20 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Thanks for all the info. Going to order some of both come next week after the wife takes me off the no buy policy. Living in Mississippi where it reaches 120 humidity sometime these might greatly help. I already am using Kramper's Frostbite and love it.

I also watched some videos that some site did of a Menthol challenge, using Vostok, Crushed ice crystals, glycerin and some other concoctions for a freezing cold shave, however that might be what someone was referring to above.

15 970
 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(07-09-2013, 04:41 PM)mctmatt Wrote: The QCS Vostok and Ice Key Lime are the same shaves soaps per Matthew at QCS. The Ice Key Lime is Vostok with the Key Lime EO added to it. For the total Arctic Blast do the QCS Vostok or Ice Key Lime, follow it up with cold water rinse then pat dry. Then reach for a tube of 444 gel/balm, apply a small amount to your face and let it absorb into your skin (few minutes). Now take a bottle of Osage Rub and shake a few splashes onto your palm then apply that to your face....Try all that and let me know if you feel a cooling sensation.

If Vostok and Ice Key Lime are the same but for the added key lime, the lime must attenuate the kick in the Vostok base. I have a fresh tub of both and find a noticeable difference between the two. Both are excellent products. Any one else find Key Lime to be a tamer version?

0 534
 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
  • Sin7
User Info
(07-09-2013, 04:49 PM)Lakebound Wrote: You forgot to mention an ice cube rub! Biggrin

Frank

Why stop there? stick your face in liquid nitrogen Wink

0 20
 07-11-2013, 01:48 AM
User Info
Omega shaving cream

[Image: Omega_Shaving_Soap.jpg]

0 124
 07-11-2013, 05:45 AM
User Info
coldest ive tried is the WM Neumann Absolute Zero shave soap. Was so cold it brought tears to my eyes and felt like it was burning my face. but then again i am a touch sensitive to menthol. however the post shave feel was uber sexy. nice cool feeling. shame that its so painful during the shave though

1 171
 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
IMHO, nothing is colder during a shave than either Vostok cream or soap, or TSD Iced Subzero cream or soap. Afterwards, splash on some Osage Rub or Alcolado Glacial and you'll shiver for an hour.

3 2,561
 07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
User Info
Should have my iced Key Lime in time for tomorrow's shave and I will post my opinion here.

Frank

2 229
 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
User Info

Just bought some Key Lime. Going to give this a shot when it gets in! Being AZ and its common to have temps now in triple digits daily this sounds refreshing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4 219
 07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
One of the coldest I've ever used was Saint Charles Shave Blue Line Menthol Soap and ASB...A nice face freeze and great scent, too!

http://saintcharlesshave.com/soap.asp

68 1,416
 07-12-2013, 06:23 PM
User Info
Arrived at our lake house to find my little care package from Queen Charlotte's Soaps waiting for me. As promised, I ordered the Iced Key Lime cream and instead of waiting for tomorrow, I shaved with it tonight.

Queen Charlotte does not disappoint if you are looking for an ice cold and refreshing summertime shave. The Iced Key Lime is very cold with wonderful lather using so little product. Specifically, I simply cleaned off the inside of the lid with my moist brush and went to work in the bowl. Using side to side strokes, it took a minute of prep and I was ready to shave.

The lather stayed cold and thick throughout and even now (20 minutes post shave) my face is a little chilly. Definitely a keeper for my nook. This is a great hot or muggy weather relief shave cream. I really like this stuff and for about $20.00 total, this tub will last awhile.

Watering it down with an iced cold Summer Shanty. Stay frosty my friends Cool

Regards,

Frank

2 229
 07-14-2013, 04:40 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I think for my Menthol Monday Shave tomorrow, it'll be either Vostok cream or Iced Subzero soap - both are awesome.

3 2,561