07-10-2013, 05:16 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Traded. Please archive.

All-

I'd really like to try Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge soap. Not wanting to buy some right now, I thought I'd try for a swap.

So, here is a new and unused tub of the no longer available RazoRock XXX. If you're willing to trade a puck of C&S for it, I'm interested in hearing from you via PM.

Appropriate equalization to be made, etc

Thanks for looking.

[Image: sw0s.jpg]

[Image: x3vj.jpg]

47 1,380
 07-11-2013, 04:15 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Hmmm. 55 views and no offers? Any input?

47 1,380
 07-11-2013, 05:24 AM
User Info
(07-11-2013, 04:15 AM)MaxP Wrote: Hmmm. 55 views and no offers? Any input?

Max,
Though the RR XXX is out of production, when it was in production, a tub of it was around 9 dollars. I picked up the very last one in the stockroom at Pasteur's for a member last year for about about that price including tax. Though there are many who love it, there are also many who are indifferent. In other words, the affection for it is not universal so the pool of interest isn't as large as one might imagine. Plus, even though it's out of stock, they offer many other scents for those who like their performance.

C&S, on the other hand, sells for 38 bucks, roughly 4x the price of the RR, and is generally agreed to be one of the very best soaps in production. Even though it's still an in production soap and easy to acquire, I cannot imagine anyone trading a puck of C&S for a tub of RR in any flavor. What's more, someone willing to shell out the dough for C&S, could probably find some RR XXX on one of a number of forums for only 2 or 3x its original sale price which is effectively cheaper than the trade you're proposing.

I don't think it's an impossibility, but it's an unlikely trade. You might try asking for a flat number for the RR and then just use that to subsidize your purchase of C&S.

Just my opinion and I could, and have been, all wrong. Wish you luck getting some C&S though. It's in my top three soaps.

5 298
 07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-11-2013, 05:24 AM)oakeshott Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 04:15 AM)MaxP Wrote: Hmmm. 55 views and no offers? Any input?

Max,
Though the RR XXX is out of production, when it was in production, a tub of it was around 9 dollars. I picked up the very last one in the stockroom at Pasteur's for a member last year for about about that price including tax. Though there are many who love it, there are also many who are indifferent. In other words, the affection for it is not universal so the pool of interest isn't as large as one might imagine. Plus, even though it's out of stock, they offer many other scents for those who like their performance.

C&S, on the other hand, sells for 38 bucks, roughly 4x the price of the RR, and is generally agreed to be one of the very best soaps in production. Even though it's still an in production soap and easy to acquire, I cannot imagine anyone trading a puck of C&S for a tub of RR in any flavor. What's more, someone willing to shell out the dough for C&S, could probably find some RR XXX on one of a number of forums for only 2 or 3x its original sale price which is effectively cheaper than the trade you're proposing.

I don't think it's an impossibility, but it's an unlikely trade. You might try asking for a flat number for the RR and then just use that to subsidize your purchase of C&S.

Just my opinion and I could, and have been, all wrong. Wish you luck getting some C&S though. It's in my top three soaps.

That's a reasonable analysis, but this line in his OP:

Quote:Appropriate equalization to be made, etc

indicates to me that he doesn't expect it to be an even trade. I guess that could have been clearer.

52 788
 07-11-2013, 07:03 AM
User Info
Yeah, he did say he was willing to even it out. Its just that its such a specific trade request. Quite honestly, if I had some O&C, I would be intrigued by this proposal. I really liked XXX a lot.

72 1,407
 07-11-2013, 07:10 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Thanks for the comments. Yes, I'm open to offers and negotiations via PM.

MaxP

47 1,380
 07-11-2013, 03:44 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
That certainly is a good trade for someone looking to try an extinct product! Value is in the eye of the beholder. What I find valuable you may not and vice versa. I hope you find someone to trade with!

EDIT***
I recently saw someone selling a tub of this for $30 and again for $32 right here on the BST, so as far as the value question goes, I believe that he is right in line with what the C&S O&C is selling for...

68 1,417
 08-16-2013, 04:04 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Archived

91 17,875